Chrisine, Home Buyer in Orange County, CA

Need help with buying REO/NOD/FC properties.

Asked by Chrisine, Orange County, CA Sat May 3, 2008

First time buyers. Engaged couple with wedding around the corner eagerly looking to buy. Would like to stay in general areas surrounding Cypress, Cerritos, Artesia, but not limiting options. Excellent FICO and firm co-signers ready to proceed TODAY.

Answers

6
Chrisine,

Before you select a location or a Realtor, be sure the two of you have the same end result in mind. For example, will the home be purchased as an investment for future growth with the expectation of selling for large gains in a few years? Maybe you plan to purchase it now and later use it as rental property for future income, or perhaps you plan to purchase and remain there until you pass it on to your children.

Obviously, you have quite a few choices, but the point is to adopt the same philosophy regarding the purchase before you purchase. If you do, the two of you will meet with much greater success when the time comes to pick out your first home. The process of starting with the end in mind is the key to any successful venture.

Congratulations on your engagement and good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.northochomes.com
Chrisine, its amazing, but we are finally starting to see these types of properties in Cypress and Cerritos. There are also some lovely "new" homes for a relatively good price in those cities. If you're not sure of the area and just want to see what is out there, find an agents site that allows you to search the MLS database at no cost or go to a site such as Realtor.com. From there, you will be able to see what the price ranges are. If you want to specifically find REO, short-sales, NOD's, etc., most any agent can pull these off the MLS for you. Good luck with your home search.
Hi Chrisine,

Hope all is well out of the three area which one do or would call home? Buying REO is a process, and Zi would be very happy to share with you what I know.

Don
The Hardworking Nice Guy!
949-456-0356
Chrisine,

I specialize in foreclosures, REO's, Probate Sales, etc. I would shy away from NOD and short sales because they take so much of your time with little success. I can send you a list for the specific areas in question or for all of Orange County if you wish. I work with many first time homebuyers right now. However, most important, please take care of your wedding plans first as you will have plenty of time to purchase a home. You can always visit my website and search for yourself.

Joe Homs
Realty Partners
949-625-4533
Web Reference: http://www.joehoms.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2008
Hi Chrisine,
Bank owned/ Foreclosed properties offer the buyer excellent below market buying opportunities. Please email me at walter@ocnorth.com and I will send you a list of The 10 Things You Need To Know About Buying Bank Owned Properties.
Warm regards, Walter
Web Reference: http://ocnorth.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2008
Hi there Chrisine, Please call me today , I have Hundreds in this area with some Great deals ,
Kind Regards
Michael Barron
First Team Real Estate
(714) 552-6817
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2008