Scotty T., Home Buyer in Meriden, CT

Need help getting home loan with 600 fico. Married. $9k dwn pymnt. 150k home. dont want to run a bunch of inquiries on report. looking for real help.

Asked by Scotty T., Meriden, CT Wed Mar 7, 2012

My past credit history was not so good, it was low 500s, so last year I payed everything off and it slowly rose to 637. However...I have applied for 2 home loans at big banks this past year and have been denied due to THEIR credit scoring system has me under 620, both my wife and I. We have good jobs my income is $36k and my wifes is $44k. We have saved up some money and are willing to put down a TOTAL of $9k. We need guidence and want to be IN a home in 90 days. So we are ready to start NOW. Please help us.

Answers

13
Pamela Savejs’ answer
I'm going to forward your info to a mortgage loan officer I often work with to see if he's able to give you a loan. He used to own his own mortgage company and is very knowledgeable. Hopefully I will have an answer for you tomorrow, March 8.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 7, 2012
You can get an FHA loan with those scores. FHA allows you to go down to a 580 with just 3.5% down. I'd check out The Lenders Network they have helped a lot of my client's get approved with low credit scores.

Hello Scotty,

Although very explanatory thank you, there are many factors that go into a banks acceptance. I have a few excellent brokers that work very closely with buyers in situations as yours. I am pretty sure you can make your wishes come true.

Get in touch and I'll be happy to help you out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 7, 2012
hi my name is leslie we are looking for a house in Dunkirk, owings, north breach for 3 bedrooms 1.5 bathroom we are living in one bedroom apartment over my dad garage my son take over the bedroom he is six years old. my credit score is 631 this is the first time buying or renting a house or a townhouse
look I can come to where you are and get you A house in one day without no money down at all , if you are any body wants to know how the contact me
How can you get someone in a house in one day with no money down?
Flag Mon Nov 4, 2013
Hi Scotty, if I were you I would continue to work on my credit. You will get a much better deal if your middle FICO is 660 or better. You can also use the time to build up reserves in case of a rainy day. If you have any further mortgage questions I will be glad to help.

Fritz Walter
VP of Retail Sales
Toll free: 800-359-1996 x551
Direct: 203-783-4551
Email: fwalter@totalmortgage.com
Alt email: fritz@post.Harvard.edu
NMLS ID: 387922
Visit my webpage: http://www.totalmortgage.com/bankers/fritz-walter/
Company Website: http://www.totalmortgage.com
look you have to put up the house and use it for the loan and any bank will take the house for back up because if u don't pay for it they take the house , but don't do that pay for house and your numbers will go up more , just trust me this is what i did because I use to have no credit at all and this is what i did in Texas and got my house plus over 1 archer of land with my house and don't be late on your payment or miss 1 , and if u can pay a little more each month the the bank will see , and oh u r doing better and turn that information into the credit people , and your credit numbers will go up ,
just try it but take at lease $2000 to $5000 dollars with u to the bank and use that money , because that will show them u are for real and u have change your life around , and want to have something to show yourself that what you can have out of life this show them u want something out of life , and trust me keep going to banks until u found a bank that will listen to u , and go to all the banks , not just 2 all got it , let me know what happens okay Michael
I know it's been some time since you've posted this, however, if you are still in the market you do have some options. I work with a few lenders that will go as low as a 580. I would need some additional information pertaining to the property and your credit in order to best determine where you stand. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Paul Marzolla
(201) 203-2266
pmarzolla@unvmortgage.com
There are three things you can do to meet your goal.

Call the three credit reporting companies and ask for a free credit report. You get one per year, free. Ask them to contest everything that is negative. The originator is obligated by law to provide original docs, not computer screens or printouts. Anything they can't produce original docs on, has to be removed from the report.

You can have someone co-sign your loan.

Use small local banks or credit unions-they are more flexible.

If you were one of my clients, I'd help you repair your credit. There are some online that can do this for free.

If you were one of my clients, I'd find that house you want, and do a lease option. You pay your $9k up front and some or all of your lease payments can be applied towards the future purchase price.

Ok, I lied. That was five things you can do!

Oh, you can be one of my clients too. RanchREServices@yahoo.com

Damn, that was 6 things....
Go to your local non profit housing group for credit counseling. The counselor will go over your credit report with you. They will tell you what you are doing wrong and what you should be doing. Listen to them and when your score is 640+ you can think of buying.
Hello Scotty, I emailed your info to the loan officer I deal with and he said his bank typically requires a credit score of 620. His name is Art Sapienza and he works for Citizens Bank. His information is below. Please give him a call and see what he can do. His loans close! If he tells you he can get you a mortgage, he will. Often local banks have more flexibility and different underwriting standards. If you call him, please tell him that I asked you to contact him and that you're the person whose info I forwarded to him. Good luck and please let me know how you make out. It's such an awesome time to buy a home. Prices are low and so are rates!

Arthur J. Sapienza Sr. Loan Officer
Home Lending Solutions-Mortgage
RBS Citizens N.A.
203-605-7621 Cell Phone
203-230-0116 Home Office
855-590-9450 Secure Efax
arthur.j.sapienza@citizensbank.com
Hi Scotty T. my name is Brad Moore, i work at First World Mortgage in West Hartford, CT. sounds to me like you certainly can do something. if you would like to see if i could help, give me a call at 860-233-5626 x335.
You may have a high debt-to-income ratio. Pay down your debt and it should help.
Web Reference: http://tampahouse1.com