Home Buying in Meriden>Question Details

Scotty T., Home Buyer in Meriden, CT

Need help buying a new home. Looking for someone to help me from A-Z. Please read my question details below. Thank you.

Asked by Scotty T., Meriden, CT Mon Jul 11, 2011

Hi. Im 27 just repaired my FICO from some dumb things I forgot about when I was younger, paid it ALL off and my score shoots up to 637 on one and 640 on the other two. Just started a new job 3 weeks ago in same field but higher pay 37k. Im an online student with 9.5k in student loans but still attending so I dont have to pay until I graduate. I have a car payment of 394/mo (Chrysler 300) Balance on loan is 8500. My gf is pregnant, her score shoots around 580-610, its different every other month. Her ex messed her score up, but she is a great woman. She makes 37k as well at a new job she been at for 5mo, b4 that she made 36k at a job she was at for 7 years. She is an online student as well with a student loan of about the same as mine. She has no othr loans except some retail cards that her balance is fully paid. We want to buy a home very soon, but we have 3k-4k. My bank account is pretty low, hers has all the money in it. What do we do & how do we make this work? Im honest here, help?

Pamela Savejs’ answer
Hi Scott,
I live in Meriden and have sold homes here for over 30 years including two to my daughter. The best
way for you to start is to be qualified by a knowledgeable honest mortgage loan officer. Once the loan officer has you prequalified (this can be done over the phone), I can meet with you. I'll explain the entire home buying process, ask you for your must haves and wants, show you on the computer what it available, you pick what you'd like to see, and we'll start our search. Call me anytime on my cell 203-631-6744. Pam Savejs, Century 21 AllPoints Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 11, 2011
Hi Scott,

I live in Meriden and would be happy to help you. Feel free to call me when you get a chance...my cell is 203-996-6325.

Look forward to hearing from you soon,,,Daniela Volo, Calcagni Associates Real Estate.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 11, 2011
As Jake suggested your first step in the home buying process is to contact and meet with a lender who can find the best home loan programs options that may be available to you. Once you know what your specific price range is and are comfortable with what your approximate monthly payment will be the next step is to find an agent who can guide you through the home buying process, answer any questions you have and alert you to listings that fit your specific needs.

I love working with first time homebuyers so If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.donnabigda.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 11, 2011
Start by meeting with a lender and getting pre-approval for a mortgage. This will help establish your budget. Search properties online and find a good agent that will help you out. If I was in your state, I'd help you in a heartbeat. Good luck, Scotty!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 11, 2011
Hi Scotty,

I am an Accredited Buyer Representative and have worked with many new buyers in the Meriden area. I meet with the buyers and go over the process and guide you from the start, through the search, showings, negotiations, contracts, home inspections, bank appraisal, mortgage options, attorneys, closing and so much more.....
Lets talk...no obligation, just to get acquainted and answer your real estate questions. Your credit range is good and with mortgage rates so low, there is no better time to buy, and we can talk about that too. Give me a call/text/email soon to get started! Best Regards, Judi Vanacore 203-915-6766, oh and did I mention, I return calls promptly. judi_vanacore@calcagni.com
Meriden,Offers a lot of oportortuninties in your price range. Your credit scores are in the right range. and there are a wide verritity of homes fore you to choose from. Call me if you are seriouse.
Jeff 860-302-2987
Hi, the best thing to do is to speak with a mortgage officer at your bank or I can give you the name of few to get prequalified and they can let you know how much you can afford, etc and then we can start looking for houses. I would love to help you through the whole process, Julie Lucia, Realtor, Showcase Realty, 203-578-5631; julie@julierealestate.com
Could we get FHA? What is the best I can do? Should she be on the loan given her score is much lower?