Home Buying in Twinsburg>Question Details

GC, Home Buyer in Twinsburg, OH

Need advice on Cleveland (east suburb) school districts. Nordonia vs. Twinsburg vs. Hudson

Asked by GC, Twinsburg, OH Mon Dec 17, 2012

Can anyone please provide some true insight on the Nordonia, Twinsburg and Hudson school districts? I’ve reviewed the report cards and understand the differences in tax bases and available resources but any additional insight would be helpful.

We’re relocating from out-of-state and like several homes within in the Nordonia School District. I understand the levy issue but anytime I ask “how are the schools?” people dismiss them as sub-par without any details beyond the levy. They look great on paper and residents within the district rave about them so what am I missing? In some aspects I get the same reaction for Twinsburg schools.

Residents are very proud of their districts; so when listening to their feedback I can’t decipher between personal bias and some unspoken problem that they don’t feel comfortable telling a stranger.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

1
School Districts are very subjective. The real question is what do you want out of a school district. Hudson real estate taxes being the highest of the 3 school districts has a large percentage going back to the schools. 99% of the graduates go on to college there schools are rated excellent. Twinsburg Schools have rated excellent as well for the past 10+ years. Real Estate Taxes are relatively low due to a strong manufacturing industry base. Twinsburg has the fitness center right next to the school which helps the students for swim team practice, basketball, baseball practice, tennis team all indoors for those cold and rainy days. Nordonia is comprised of 3 communities. Longer commute time to and from school. They just obtained the rating of excellent. In the past levy's were not being passed. Lower tax base than Hudson, but higher than Twinsburg. The classroom sizes are a bit larger as well. Not as much of their taxes go back into the school district as does Hudson. All in all, you will not go wrong with any of the three districts.

When searching for a home, talk to your agent. Realtors can fit the school system very closely to what your children have right now. Depending if you need a strong district for athletic scholarships, swim team, orchestra, show choir, gifted program or if you have a child with attention deficit, will determine which school district is best equipped for your child. There is more to considering a school than how they are rated with the school match.

Take a look a Rating of the Suburbs at http://www.ClevelandPropertyGroup.com and that will show you the rating of the schools as well as the community. Select a Realtor that really knows the area. If you would like to talk more about the communities and school districts we are happy to give you food for thought. 330-425-2947 Kim Marie Kapustik of Keller Williams Greater Cleveland Southeast.