Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

bbdhtw, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

Need advice.65k income (selfemployed). Looking for a 3b/165k house , 10k down.Which lender/bank will be better for selfemployed.Thank you

Asked by bbdhtw, Portland, OR Tue Feb 4, 2014

Answers

7
Talk to Wendy she can get you a loan if possible. Self employed buyers are hard to get loans for. Good luck. Tom Inglesby, Broker RE/MAX equity group
Wendy Van Vechten, Mortgage Broker or Lender, Portland, OR
Anyone who has been in the industry more than two years can help you. I have been at it since 1989 and done everything from retail and wholesale generation, trained loan officers and Realtors, and underwrote for Wells Fargo as well as audited files post closing for fraud. I've pretty much done it all including worked for multiple banks and from that experience I ahve learned that it is important to go with a professional who follows through, explains the entire process thoroughly to you up front, keeps you in the loop and does not spring last minute surprises on you. At present I work for Academy Mortgage, a national lender that funded $5 billion dollars in mortgage loans last year and services its own loans. We do everything in house and our underwriters are right in our offices. It is very important that you have submitted your taxes for the past two years and that the averaged income after deducting business expenses matches what you wrote above ($65K). If you have heard of the program, we probably have it (Fannie, Freddie, USDA, VA, FHA) and more including 203K. Feel free to contact me and talk Wendy Van Vechten NMLS #880581. phone 503-516-5959 (my cell so you can reach me 24/7).
I would recommend Molly Smith from Guild Mortgage. 503-210-4103.
Any direct lender will have some great options for you.

Here are my preferred lenders who offer excellent rates and fantastic service:

Steph Noble
Northwest Mortgage Group, Inc
Mortgage Consultant
503.957.7221 mobile
steph@stephnoble.com

And

Michael Neef
American Pacific Mortgage
503-929-4615
MikeNeef@yahoo.com
I've had a wonderful experience on multiple properties with Wells Fargo's Private Banking Group. They are totally prepared for the most complex deals, and their service is impeccable. Yeah, most people think you need millions to be invited to Private Banking. It's true for some of their services. The Private Mortgage Banking Group isn't as restrictive. Here's who helped me -
http://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethjansen
(503) 886-1301
Have you file the past 2 years of tax returns? Are you depreciating your income on those taxes? Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I have been in the mortgage business since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario. Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - Lending Nationwide Since 1987

http://www.bartprequalifies.com

bart@bartprequalifies.com

800 315 8803

NMLS 20743
Most Lenders will and can work with self employed clients. I have two wonderful lenders that I use Sylvia Shaffer with Northwest Mortgage 503-684-3000 and Janiece Struloeff with Mortgage Express 503-849-0675 they both have over 25 years in the industry and are very knowledgeable. Please let me know when you are ready to start looking for a home I would be happy to help.