Home Buying in Montclair>Question Details

ali746, Home Buyer in Montclair, NJ

Need a town like Montclair but with lower taxes

Asked by ali746, Montclair, NJ Mon Sep 16, 2013

Need an easy commute to NYC. Good schools. Some diversity. And something that is no more than 10 minutes from west Caldwell (my sister and her family just moved there). I grew up in Montclair, love it, but the taxes are less than desirable.

Answers

11
You may have to be a bit flexible on the "10 minutes from W. Caldwell" part.

That being said..............

You might consider N. Caldwell (not sure of your price range, and without it, no one can really make a valid suggestion)....or Cedar Grove, Little Falls, or Verona.........just to mention a few other options.
Making your way into Morris County could include Parsippany and Montville, or..... going east down rt 46, , Wayne.

The only towns really "like" Montclair are other "train " towns, as they have "walkable" town centers with shops, boutiques and restaurants.
Most of them tend to be pricey, so once you share your range, we can be of more help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
There are towns in Morris County that are not too far away and maybe even Essex county like Livingston and Roseland that are in close proximity to West Caldwell where taxes tend to be lower than Montclair. If I can be of further assistance in your search, let me know.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
Love to help but need more details. Give me a call any time and we can put our heads together to find the right home for you and your family.

Carol
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
Hi Ali,
Anywhere in Essex county (that's in around 10 -15 min circle from W Caldwell) taxes as you said..."are less than desirable" ;) If you are willing to move to Union or Morris, taxes look better there.
Check out N Caldwell, Millburn and Livingston in Essex - good schools and easy commute to NYC.

Summit, New Providence in Union or Chatham in Morris county. All have an easy commute to NYC, good schools and better tax rate, but are farther from Caldwell. Also, a lot depends on the price range and a size of the house you are looking for.

Best of Luck!

Armin Lusinyants
917-626-9420
alusinyants@gmail.com
http://armin.kwrealty.com/
http://armin.yourkwagent.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
In 10 minutes at 70 miles per hour, puts you in PA. How about meeting with an agent and going over the options. I saw a few very nice listings this week and I will be talking about them to people I meet every day who are looking, just like you are. I will ask them about their credit report and recommend a pre-approval from a competitve lending company, bank or loan broker. Then when I know the situation I can communicate with sellers, their agents about the listings and pre-sell a bit by describing what a great buyer I have for their home, whoi could be you. Even if there is an offer being processed, I may be able change minds based on what I know about you, my buyer. Lots of good reasons to sit down with an agent. Carl Witzig- Weichert Realtors, Upper Montclair.... 973 632-8593
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 6, 2013
Union County offers some great alternatives. Some of the towns include Mountainside, Springfield, Scotch Plains, Berkeley Heights, Summit, and more. There is no place like Montclair but these area may do you and your family well. They are well over 10 minutes from your sister in West Caldwell.

You may contact me for assistance.

Thank you

"Your Satisfaction Is Our Passion"

Amania Saluste
Realtor Associate
Mobile: 917-740-5218

Exit Platinum Realty
200 Claremont Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07042
Office: 973-746- 4777
Email: amaniasaluste@gmail.com
Website: http://www.exitinmontclair.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 6, 2013
You definitely have some options, Verona, Cedar Grove, Livingston. Also Montville, Fairfield, Wayne and also the Montclair Heights section of Clifton and a little further Nutley. To check out the school system ratings go to njmonthly.com.They publish a list with the best ranked school districts‎. I know the importance of wanting the best environment for your children. I have lived in this community for years. It is my home. If you need assistance, I would be happy to show you around. Good luck in your search.
10 minutes at 70 miles per hour, puts you in PA. How about meeting with an agent and going over the options. I saw the best condo in a long while yesterday., 2 of them in fact. I will be talking about them to people I meet every day who are looking just like you are. I will ask them about their credit report, and recommend a pre-approval from a competitve lending company, bank or loan broker. Then when I know the situation I can communicate with selers, agents with listings and pre-sell a bit by descfribing what a great buyer I have for their home. Even if they have an offer being processed, I may be able change minds based on what I know about my buyer. Lots of good reasons to sit down with an agent.
Woodland Park aka West Parterson, 25% less taxes about.
Hi Ali,
Easy question very tough to find the answer you are looking for. It also depends on what you are looking for. Morris county may be easy on your commute to NYC I used to do it myself and loved it. However it is not on the same commuter line as West Caldwell. There may be an answer but I don't have all the details. Please give me a call and maybe we can come up with a plan.
Allen McCloud
EXIT PLATINUM REALTY
200 Claremont Avenue, Montclair, NJ. 07042
973 746-4777 - Office
201 618-8978 - Mobile
"Your Satisfaction Is My Passion!"
allen62349@gmail.com
Hey Ali,

There are several options, but it is largely dependent on what kind of place you're looking for as well.

Would you mind sending me your specifications to alankong@kwrealty.com or calling me at 201-815-0943?

Then I can send you an extensive list so you can choose to your heart's desire :)

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you Ali!

Alan Kong