FirstTimeBuy…, Home Buyer in Corona, CA

Need a referral to a lender/loan officer in the Inland Empire, CA 530-550 credit score, looking to qualify in the next 12 months or so...

Asked by FirstTimeBuyer, Corona, CA Wed Jul 14, 2010

My credit is pretty horrible (529/529/548) due to some horrible choices made early on in my credit history.

Here is an overview of my current situation: 

24 Years old, recent college grad, 30-35K in Student Loans, 10K in other miscellaneous credit debt, 50K per year income, 6 months employed, working on paying down as many cards in as short a time span as I can since I know this a great time to buy.

I know the chances of me qualifying for any loan at this point is slim to none, but I just need some references as to anyone I can talk to who can help me strategize and put myself in a position where I can possibly qualify within the next year or so. Would I be better going the "Lease - To-Own" route? I have been doing my research and it seems like folks either love it or hate it... Just look for some more personalized advice to my situation.

I am looking in the Riverside/Ontario/Corona/Fontana/Moreno Valley areas of the Inland Empire, Southern California. 

Thanks in advance.

Answers

7
NkBradshaw’s answer
My wife and I actually are using a great LO who helped us get on the right track to being able to qualify for our loan. He is local here in Corona and has been available night and day to answer any of our questions. He promptly returns calls and e-mails and has been awesome. We are about to open escrow on our first place and wouldn't have been able to get here without him! We told him off the bat we didn't think we were financially able and asked what steps we needed to take to get to a place we could get a loan, and now we are here! I highly recommend him. He recently switched over from a mortgage broker to wells fargo and here is his e-mail and contact info.

His name is Jeff Anderson
Mortgage Consultant
Cell: (951) 264-4026
Jeffrey.S.Anderson@wellsfargo.com
Hi First Timer! You are right, this is a great time to buy. I have a lender that has access to an FHA program that allows you to pay only 1/2 percent down, and also the USDA program that is 100% financing. Call Brad at 951.215.6119 to learn more, and then when you are ready to go house shopping, call me! Thanks, Liane 951 454-3805
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 14, 2010
Hi First-Time BUYER,
I would recommend you call Val Montoya@ Valco Financial. His number is (951-719-7979)
He will advise you on what you need to do to bring up your score and what your options are. It will take time, but I believe there will be plenty of time in the future for you to get a home.
Just don't get discouraged. Time and determination will be in your favor.
Deborah Dade,Realtor®
RE eBroker, INC
DRE#01435722
(909) 626-2890
Sounds like you need to focus on handling the credit scores and some of that debt prior to looking into home loans. Good luck.
Sorry, this is not going to happen in the immediate future. I wouldn't obligate myself to anything until you get your scores up. In addition, you want to be sure of your employment and have enough funds in reserve to get you through any rough spots. When you buy a home, there are a lot of expenses that suddenly appear. You need to be prepared for those situations. .... Best wishes, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
FirstTime:
I just sent another client with "issues" to one of my favorite mortgage brokers, Kathleen Weber because she has an established relationship with a specialist dealing with problems like yours. Kathleen can be reached at 915.674.3433 (Ofc) or 714.920.4137 (Cell) or via e-mail at kathleenweber02@msn.com. She will, in turn, refer you to the specialist. My other client is looking at 6-12 months. I'm going to tell you the same thing I told her: Don't worry about the timeframe; we're going to be in this market for an extended period of time, IMHO. Prices will still be attractive when you're ready. When you get there, call me. I'd love to be of assistance.

GEORGE E. TROTTER, III
"The Colonel" with Prudential California Realty
951.734.7260 (Home Office: Voice/Fax)
951.675.9530 (Cellular)
TrotterGeo@ca.rr.com (E-mail)
Hi

The person that my clients love to work with is :
Ed Guisewite
eguisewite@havenloan.net

Haven West Mortgage
(Div. of Golden Empire Mortgage)
8002 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Office 909-481-7233 or 800-992-1900
Fax 909-481-7230
Cell 909-223-8201
Home 951-735-2543

He takes the time to help you and explain the lending process and helps you create a plan if things are not working for you right now. Give him a call.

Diana 909-560-0145
Web Reference: http://www.dianam.com