Christine, Home Buyer in 11412

Need a buyer's agent?

Asked by Christine, 11412 Wed Mar 17, 2010

Hi. I have already been pre-approved for a mortgage and I have a house that I want to purchase (I found it by myself) and I now need a buyer's agent to represent me through the purchase process. Is there someone who is familiar with Bed-stuy, FHA 203K loans, and has the availability to work with me?

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Hello Christine, this is Rhonda Holt. If you are looking for a skilled buyer's agent I would be happy to assist you.

Rhonda Holt
Licensed Agent
Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield
Web Reference:
Hi Christine:

I have a Relationship with a few select Realtors in Brooklyn and I would like to recommend Chrissette Mignott from Fillmore Realty, at 75 Lafayette Ave. She is a resident of Bed Sty and services that market well.
Her number is 347-325-4041. You need to have a good repoire with your Agent as well as your Banker and all involved in your transaction. With that said, although I have not had the pleasure of working with Charles D Alessandro from Fillmore (answered below) as of yet (we have blogged), I understand he has a wealth of experience and some of my colleagues from Continental have worked with him and his office.

I know you have your financing in place but please feel free to contact me if you or anyone you know need any additional mortgage consultation or your loan reviewed. I have been a renovation loan specialist for over 10 years. Click to view my profile.
All the Best
Elaine D. Stroman
Continental Home Loans
Hello Christine , I can help you in your purchase. If you have found it already I believe you just need advice on how to proceed. I have closed deals with 203k mortgages and have skill in negotiations. If you need help call me anytime without obligation. Below is a link to my Blog Brooklyn Real Estate Blog hope this is of some help.
Charles D'Alessandro
Fillmore Real Estate
718 253-9600 ext 206

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
Hello Christine,

I'm very familiar with Bed-Stuy including the FHA 203K Loans (Rehab A Home) and am available to work with you. Feel free to contact me at or 347-702-3809 so that I may get a better understanding as I have some general questions regarding your purchase.

Best of luck with your home purchase.

Angelo Morales
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Exit Realty Top Properties