Nj999, Home Buyer in Highland Park, NJ

Need a Buyer Agent in Marlboro, NJ?

Asked by Nj999, Highland Park, NJ Wed Dec 30, 2009

I am a buyer, Need a Realtor and Advise. Are you an experience (mainly foreclosures transactions) and well-informed Realtor in Marlboro, NJ? Please send me your details and references. Thanks

Jersey Building Inspections

Contact: Jay Tauber
Address: PO Box 517
Milltown, NJ 08850

Toll Free: 800-JERSEY-3 (Toll Free in New Jersey)
Phone: 732-422-0777
Fax: 732-422-7411
E-mail: jay@jerseybuildinginspection.com

Jay is an Engineer - and Building Insector.. Builds homes and such - good guy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 31, 2009
Robert Hahn
FBI Home Inspections
Phone: 732-672-9859
Mobile Phone: 732-672-9859

Pretty Good... call him.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 31, 2009
Keep in mind that with foreclosures, the bank is looking to get as much money back as possible and oftentimes, more than one offer exists and of course the winner is the one with the best package--i.e.--money down, excellent credit, etc. Banks do have a lot of red tape, and oftentimes it's by no means a quick sale--therefore, you want your Realtor involved and he/she will be the best guide as far as dealing with the bank. The risk for a buyer in purchasing a foreclosure-- they are sold as is, so homework needs to be done, information needs to be verified; repairs must be estimated--cosmetic or extensive, etc. As far as protecting yourself, the best source of information will be an attorney who specializes in real estate. Finally, not all foreclosures are such great buys, so ultimately the decision to buy a foreclosure, or not, is entirely up to you--again do your own homework as well--is the location right for you and your lifestyle, do you get a sense of belonging in the neighborhood, etc. A good Realtor will guide you through the process, answer question, etc.-- choose your agent with care and make sure you like each other as you will be spending some time together.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 30, 2009
Foreclosures can be tough.

These are not what people think about properties that you can walk right into and live. Some, very rare properties are, most are not. These properties have been either abandoned by their current owners and have been vacanyt for a while and some the owners still live there and have taken their frustratins out on the property. But again, all properties are not like this. You should viwe these properties with this in mind.. keeping an open mind to what "can be" with a little work.

The steps are the same as any ther propertiy.. go see it.. get a CAM ad all the comps for the past few years.. see what is going on in the area ad then make your offer based on that. Sometimes Banks will say.. we will only accept... blah, blah. If it comes to auction.. you may purcashe the house and receive a sheriffs deed .. that does not mean that the property is lein free. Due diligence is the key to all short sale / foreclosure properties.

Risk.. well, these properties are usually sold "as-is" so there is some risk there..

How do you protect yourself, well, due diligence.. meaning look into the property, learn about the neighborhood.. the sales, the expired, the withdraw.. cover your bases the best you can.

Foreclosures are not for the faint of heart.. but if you are diligent and the right amount of research is done .. you may find a diamond in the rough.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 30, 2009
Thanks for your replies.

Can you please reply me with answers?
What are the steps involve in dealing with Bank owned property?
What are risk factors for the buyer?
How to protect myself, value and etc.,?
Is it good to move forward to buying a foreclosure?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 30, 2009
Hi Nj999:

I would love to earn your business as your buyer's agent.

As a trained and experienced CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert), I have the expertise to successfully guide you through the process of purchasing a short sale or forclosure type home in Marlboro, as well as the surrounding Monmouth, Middlesex and Ocean County areas.

In 2009 I have listed and actually closed the most pre-foreclosure transactions in my office. The benefit to you is that I have a track-record of negotiating with banks who own or play a key role in getting these types of homes off the market.

Feel free to call or email me today. Thank you for your consideration!

Strategic Marketing & Sales Expert
Weichert Realtors (Marlboro office)
455 Route 9 South
Manalapan, NJ 07726
917-723-5645 - cell
732-536-4400, ext 199 - office

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 30, 2009
Hi NJ -

I am local in the area, a certified SFR (Short Sales ad Foreclosure Resource) and I have sold homes in the area from Marlboro to Freehold and surrounding area's.

Take a look at my Resume, see if I have what you are looking for in Realtor, then email or call!

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Office: 732-863-6969

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 30, 2009
My name is Danielle Monaghan and I work for ERA Advantage Realty in Manalapan, right on Route 9. I would be more than happy to help you look for a home! I have dealt with both foreclosures and short sales. Feel free to email me or call me and let me know if there is one in particular that you are interested in, or if you would like me to find one for you!

Danielle Monaghan
ERA Advantage Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 30, 2009
I would like know home value and fair repair value (if any).
How do i know, home needs a repair and who will give me condition of the foreclosed house? PLEASE RECOMMEND (a Home Inspector or Engineer)

Dear Nj999,
You have responses by a few experienced professionals. I am throwing my name and number into the mix should you have an interest in contacting me for assistance in a home purchase.

I have been a full time licensed Real Estate professional since 1992.

I am a certified SFR (Short Sale and Foreclosure Specialist)
My area of expertise is in the Monmouth/Ocean county area. I have listed and sold in Marlboro.

Don't hesitate to text me, call or email. I do response to my inquiries in a timely fashion. I can also put you on an automatic email system so that you would receive listings as they come up. I WOULD WELCOME THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH YOU.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! It is going to be a GREAT YEAR in Real Estate.

Lucy Korzelius
REMAX Gateway