Home Buying in Saranap>Question Details

Farwest, Home Buyer in Saranap, Walnut Creek,...

Need SFR sales history of the Saranap area in Walnut Creek, CA 94595 from Jan 2003 to May 2005.

Asked by Farwest, Saranap, Walnut Creek, CA Wed May 13, 2009

Is there any way to get the data that doesn't involve hours of tedious searching? I'd particularly like to get resale data rather than just the last sales price (ie to see how prices appreciated for the same property over a span of a few years). I'd like to see property address, sales price(s), sales date(s), square footage, lot size, year built and apn.

I'd prefer a free online site, but would be willing to pay a reasonable fee if that's what it takes to get the info...

Answers

6
Hi Farwest,

You are right, to get accurate information it does take tedious searching. Sometimes tax information can be pulled on a specific property but it is not always accurate. Most sites do not take into consideration the condition of the properties as well as the homes around the properties and that is where they have flaws as this is very important information for value.

Having been a realtor for 25 years I have seen how condition is as important as price but that is not often reflected on sites. A local realtor more often has knowledge about condition and values in specific areas as they have been in those properties and have seen how the area's values change over the years.

It is best to contact a local realtor for best information.

And, you can call/email me for questions or more information. Very best to you
Hi Farwest, One thing I do for my clients is a market analysis for the subject property of interest which includes a year-over-year price trend. This data shows the value of the subject home (and similar homes) in each year. Most good Walnut Creek neighborhoods are back to about the 2004 prices. The peak was around mid 2006. This is not too tedious as I just pull the comps an appraiser would use and run each year's stats. It does require a Realtor's MLS membership. Let me know if you would be interested in this type of report.

Steve
Here is a link to the information you are looking for. Good luck
Farwest

Use http://www.REDFIN.com.
Define your search area by map and go to the more option and chose sales on the lower left hand corner. You see the last sales price. Since it could go back to 1990s, by check the sales time with the sq ft of home, you could see the general trend. Most of the information you are looking should be there. You could download the information to your computer(Excel spreadsheet) and able to analyze the data.

If you click on the current houses for sales, you could see the house price history.

You won't find this kind of information online but it can be extracted from the MLS by your agent.

If you don't already have an agent I would be happy to meet with you and discuss your needs.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, Realtor, e-PRO Certified Internet Specialist
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585
bernard@bernardgibbons.com

See all homes fo sale in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties
at http://www.BernardGibbons.com
Good evening Farwest,

A local Realtor would be able to assist you with your inquiry. According to the MLS there were 43 detached homes in the Saranap/Saranap Area that Sold between January 1, 2003 and May 31, 2005. The specific information you want regarding Saranap is available to Realtors.

Good luck with your home search,
Dania