Home Buying in 77071>Question Details

azahav, Renter in 77071

Nd to knw if is possible 2 get a loan in US with no credit history.ill move to Houston on L1 Visa & wld like 2 buy a home in 77071 close 2 jewish

Asked by azahav, 77071 Sat Jan 12, 2013


Help the community by answering this question:


I had clients that were able to last year. I can pull their file and find out who there lender was.

As long as you have a good downpayment and your paperwork is in order, it shouldnt be too difficult.

Are you working with a Realtor yet?

Check out our websites and send one of us a messege!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
Yes since you have an L-1 Visa, you would would be subject to the same documentation and underwriting as U.S. citizens. You would need to have either your Temporary Resident Card, I-688, your Employment Authorization Card, I-688A, or your Arrival-Departure Record, I-94 as acceptable evidence of temporary residency.

I will check the guidelines with my lenders about the no credit history. I work with many banks and they all have different guidelines regarding credit. Thank you!

Anna Maria Durr, NMLS 266699, TREC 596662, Codemark Financial
2626 Richmond Ave., Houston, Texas 77098
281-592-0667, anna@codemarkfinancial.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
It's going to depend on a lot of things....I'm going to say difficult, but perhaps not impossible, as long as you have US based income to pay the loan. The loan officer has to show now that you have the ability to repay the loan....so this can be tough with L1 visa, which is typically a short term visa.

Credit history can perhaps be overcome, but there may be some things you want to do now to start lining things up. I would talk with a loan officer ASAP and we can recommend one if you need one who is used to dealing with international issues. We have lots of international customers so only recommend lenders who are used to working through various issues like this. For example they may want you to go ahead and get a cell phone here and start paying it to establish a line of credit. You might want to open a US bank account and get a credit card and start making some small purchases and paying it off each month.

They will advise you if it can be done or not. #1 is that you will likely need US income from an employer and may need to show your first couple of pay stubs and an offer letter showing you are a salaried employee, not contractor or temporary employee.

Welcome to the United States and to the great state of Texas. Let us know if we can help. You're welcome to call any time.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 14, 2013
I can help you. I have mortgage programs for relocating buyers who have NO SSN/NO U.S. credit history BUT who have a work visa and offer letter to work here. It requires 20% down. Please contact me if you would like to discuss further. I would be happy to help you anyway i can.

Please visit my website for more information at " http://;www.ExPatTexas.com"

Luba Shukers-713-516-7423
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 15, 2013
We can provide Foreign National Loans that do not require credit with a down payment from 25 to 30%. Conventional and Private Money Loans available.

John Broussard
Newbridge Home Loans
713-777-9996 Ext 103
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 14, 2013
We were able to get a loan on an L1 visa when we first came here back in early 2000. I could ask my network of mortgage professionals for sure how feasible it is at this time that so many things have changed in underwriting, but I think it is still possible. If you'd like, you can give me your email address to send you their responses.

I specialize in this zip code you are looking in. I also do leases & apartment locating. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of further help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
It is difficult but not impossible. Make sure you have a paper trail to account for your down payment. Talk to a lender asap about timing and what documents you will need.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
It is quite possible, but you'd need to speak with a lender who specializes in such financing. I work with two, and will be happy to refer you. Once you qualify for the loan, we can search for your new home. Please get in touch with me, so that we may begin the process. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 12, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Harris County > Houston > 77071 > Home Buying in 77071 > Question
Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer