Home Buying in Florida>Question Details

Kb, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Naples vs Sarasota- better location on East Coast?

Asked by Kb, Sarasota, FL Mon May 21, 2012

Husband and I went on a trip to Sarasota and loved it. Avid golfers looking for a lock and leave snowbird house for half the year residence. Which is the better location for lifestyle, cost of living and re-sale? In the $400K range- We are baby boomers about to retire

Answers

4
I'm a Florida Mortgage Broker who advertises in different FL markets and does loans all over Florida, so I have no dog in this hunt as it is irrelavent to me where my borrowers purchase.

SO...with that said, Palm Beach County is the first to start showing signs of a turn around in values. Next best from what I'm seeing is Orlando.

However, depending on your life style, and being your are Baby Boomers (sons and daughters of THE GREATEST GENERATION!) , the West Coast where I'm located is a lot more laid back. Considered Boring to a lot of Baby Boomers, but just right for many others.

Contact me with the details of your sitution: Steve@Pro-Option.com and I'll send you a GFB to pay your closing costs and/or to help obtain the lowest rate.

STEVE MCRORY

PRO OPTION MORTGAGE/ FLORIDA

888 662 4404

http://www.Pro-option.com
Going to check out the Naples/Marco Island very soon. As Tom indicated East Coast below Vero & below very nice, but also like quaint town like New Smyrna Beach. Sarasota is also a wonderful area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Dear Kb,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. Some love the west coast but I prefer to avoid traffic, love waves on the beach and prefer the lifestyle in northern Palm Beach County where there is plenty to do after the sidewalks of Naples roll up. You might consider a trip over to the Jupiter area and find out why we were just named the 9th happiest seaside town in America. A great place I can point you is a brief blog I did about the Jupiter area a long time ago;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
I have lived in Southwest Florida since 1981. I am friendly and easy to talk to abut the different locations in Florida call me 1-800-283-7393 anytime.

"The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a Buyer Broker." As stated by AARP and The Consumer Federation of America, per REALTOR NEWS.

Florida Buyer Broker is one of the only “genuine” buyer brokers in all of Southwest Florida. There is NO extra/hidden or additional cost for you to obtain my specialized “exclusive” buyer broker services in your real estate transaction. “The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker.” As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR® News.

On my informative homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBuyer.com you will learn about:

The #1 Mistake Real Estate Buyers Make
20 Critical Mistakes Buyers Make
20 Things the Listing Agent Does Not Tell You about Short Sales
Short Sale Fraud
Foreclosures - the Wild West of Real Estate
Unrealistic Buyer Expectations
Buyer Beware
Chinese Drywall

There is no obligation required of you to access this important free educational information on my homepage. The site is informative but does not give the buyers the benefit of my 30 years experience working in the Southwest Florida real estate market unless they call me to schedule time for me to work with them. So, don’t hesitate to call. I am the broker who will actually assist you in finding the best property in your price range and have extensive experience working in 2 counties to help you make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck. It’s best to schedule my time in advance.
On my general “Search Property” link you will be able to search property anywhere in Florida. Please see “Search thru MLS Data” on my homepage to for instructions on how this search link works.
On the “Search thru MLS Data” on my homepage you will find instructions on how to access the different searching options including local REALTOR® MLS data to “search like an agent.” Once you set up a profile on these links, you can save your search and you will automatically be notified when new listings or price changes become available which meet your criteria. It is important that you give yourself at least 15 minutes to sign in and complete an entire search prior to leaving the system in order to set up the program properly. Your search will then be saved and you will be able to change your criteria anytime in the future. I recommend scrolling down the criteria choices and putting a “don’t want” in the short sale box. You want to get a good idea of what is available, don’t base your decision to buy on a short sale.

You will need to copy the links below and paste in your address bar OR go to the Menu Bar on http://www.floridabuyerbroker.com to click directly on the links to access “Collier Search Link or Lee Search Link.”

To Search Lee County - Cape Coral, Ft. Myers, Estero, Pine Island, Lehigh, Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach and Bonita Springs:
http://www.buyerbroker.listingbook.com

To Search Collier County - Naples, Bonita Springs (Part of Bonita is in Collier County and Part is in Lee County) Marco Island and surrounding areas: http://www.floridabuyerbroker.listingbook.com
Many homes built between 2000 and 2009, including some renovated homes in Southwest Florida were built with Chinese Drywall. I hope you will take time to learn more about this serious problem at the Chinese Drywall link on my homepage.
I assure you it does not cost you more to obtain my specialized buyer broker services. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker can legally negotiate for a lower price for the buyer and must take care of the buyers’ best interest through out the transaction. A buyer broker is required to give the buyer loyalty, confidentiality, care and diligence, accounting, disclosure of all known pertinent facts and your financial status is protected.
This is my 30th year selling real estate in the Southwest Florida. I have been working as an “exclusive” buyer broker since 1993 and licensed to sell real estate in Florida since 1981. Please feel free to call me anytime on my toll free number 1-800-283-7393.
I am friendly and easy to talk to.
Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC Informative homepage: http://www.floridabuyerbroker.com
Owner – Broker
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com Florida Buyer Broker
Local Direct: 239-601-2013
US and Canada Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393
Thanks for all the folks who answered. Now I am a little confused!

What my husband and I liked is the charming dowtown area at night, great restaurants, social, theatre etc as well as the talcum powder beaches on the Gulf side of FL. For homes we really want a couples house that opens out to the pool area like we saw in dozens of homes in Sarasota and they are even more so in Nales.

Its very important we get into an active social neighborhood since we will have to start meeting new friends on this relocation.
We wanted to take another trip to see Naples and need to know if we should add an Atlantic side town as well- based on our parameters. thanks
Flag Sat May 26, 2012