Masha Vladi, Home Buyer in New York, NY

NYer looking for 1-2br apt in Scottsdale. Need something in walking distance to shopping, gym, PO, bank etc. Is 85251right zip to look? Anywhere else?

Asked by Masha Vladi, New York, NY Tue Sep 3, 2013

Any agents able to help make this deal with minimal trips for me to make? Ideally 1 short trip.

Answers

21
Merrill Kalman’s answer
Hi Fellow New Yorker,
I'm originally from Brooklyn and still have a ton of family in NY, inlcuding my niece & nephew in NYC.
I'd be happy to help you find what you're looking for whether you're looking to buy or rent. Could use some more info from you about what you're looking for.
Email me at mskhouses@aol.com so we can work together on this.
You can also look at listings for sale or rent in the MLS via my website - http://www.scottsdalerentalpropertiesaz.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
Merrill

Merrill Kalman
Prudential Arizona Properties
14635 N. Kierland Ste 160
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
480-296-3355
mskhouses@aol.com
http://www.scottsdalerentalpropertiesaz.com
I'm glad you found what you were looking for Masha. I'm curious where you ended up buying? Was it in the 85251 area of Old Town Scottsdale?
Yes, in 85251
Flag Wed Apr 23, 2014
I live a block from the Optima in downtown Scottsdale. We are right on the AZ Canal and can walk to downtown, Fashion Square, Old Town, Scottsdale Stadium, dinner, yogurt, drinks and movies!
Really can't think of a better place to live in all of Scottsdale. We have discovered, being curious realtors, that are lots of places to rent and buy in our neighborhood! No, you don't have to pay $500k to live here! We know of 2 bed/2 bath condos one block away that are as low as $159k-$279k. All have pools and you can walk to everything!
Katherine J. Higgins
Broker Associate/Realty ONE Group
http://www.khiggins.com
480-710-2020 or email me at katherine@khiggins.com
I live in the 85251 zip code. I live in Optima Camelback Village. Depending on price point, but it would be Scottsdales Rodeo Dr or 5th Ave. email me and I can send you more information. Chad.Francise@russlyon.com
I asked this in september 2013. Bought my house in November. But thanks
We have a few listings for lease at 3rd Avenue lofts in the heard of Old Town Scottsdale. Let me know if we can help!
I personally live at Optima Camelview Village in Old Town, north of the mall. Walking distance to great shopping, dinning, and entertainment. Optima has a gym, dry cleaners, several cafes, 24hr concierges--- it's a great place to live and would gladly show you around if you'd like to check it out. Let me know!
85251 is right smack down in Old Town Scottsdale.
It's close to Scottsdale Fashion Square and plenty of restaurants along Scottsdale Road.
Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo are also in this area.
The closest gym from Old Town would be Independence and LA Fitness, and there are a couple of Cross Fit places nearby.
Rentals can get pricey if you intend to rent in Old Town but there are a lot of options available. McCormick Ranch and Northsight would also have what you are looking for. These areas are in Central and North Scottsdale respectively. Good luck on your search! Let me know if I can assist you further.
Great location is McCormick Ranch near the Paseo Village off of McCormick Ranch Parkway. LA Fitness, deli, new high end restaurant, Chase Bank and several savings and loan, McCormick Ranch mail service. Also close to McCormick Ranch bike path and several golf courses.The zip code for your search is 85258.
Katherine J. Higgins
Broker Associate
Realty ONE Group
7975 N. Hayden Road, A 101
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
http://www.khiggins.com
480-710-2020
85257 is a good zip code and close to fashion Square shopping center, , gym, banks, and much more.
Hi Masha! 85251 (Old Town Scottsdale, as its known locally) is the perfect place to live in Scottsdale to find all the amenities you mentioned...and much more! You'll also find the best dining and night life in Old Town. And, yes, all within reasonable walking distance. If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Wayne Pearson, Realtor®
wayne@waynepearson.com
P: 602-759-0303
F: 480-321-8600
Sonoran Living Scottsdale
5301 N Pima Rd, Suite 130
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
are you looking to buy or rent?
HI Masha,
Are you looking to buy or rent? I work with a lot of out of state clients and can set it up so you can get this taken care of in one trip.
There are many condos, townhouses, and apartments that could work, but this all depends on your price point.
I would welcome the opportunity to work for you, simply contact me and we can begin the process.
Jeff Crane
e-Pro. Realtor
HomeSmart
Scottsdale, AZ
direct/text 480.276.7991
Jeff@justlistedsearch.com
Hello Masha:

Sure, be pleased to help you. Shopping and gyms are all over.

85351 is good. Have you been to Arizona before. If not try the online relocation guide at http://ArizonaHomesLand.com

You did not mention your price range. This will have a bearing.

Do you drive? If so do you need a garage or will a carport do?

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
85251 is a great start, another might be 85260 which is slightly farther north in Scottsdale.
I live in that zip! Love it!
The downtown/Old town area of Scottsdale is great, some complexes even have great health clubs on site. Depending on your monthly budget and style of unit you prefer there are some great options!
Happy to help if you're interested.
There are multiple options for condos or townhomes within walking distance of amenities. Where you invest would depend on the amount you want to spend. Typically, south Scottsdale near the Old Town area will offer the least expensive options. However, there are also some very pricy upscale options in this area as well.
Central Scottsdale by the private Scottsdale air park offers some great options in a reasonable price range. There are multiple stores, restaurants, gyms and medical facilities within easy walking distance.
North Scottsdale tends to be more expensive but certainly has some great upscale options. The North Scottsdale area properties tend to be farther than comfortable walking distance to amenities.

We would be happy to send you options based on your minimum living requirements.
Feel free to contact us at any time.

Thanks fro your question!
Gary and Claudia Scott
Realty ONE Group Scottsdale
direct: 602-402-8595
garyandclaudia@cox.net
Masha,
Hello - Yes, Old Town Scottsdale is a great area. Biltmore & Arcadia neighborhoods in Phoenix (85016 & 85018) around 20th St & Camelback is an excellent area as well. I would be more than happy to help you with your purchase. Feel free to call, text, or email me. I'll set up a custom portal for you with these neighborhoods. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Liza Asbury
Realtor | Realty ONE Group
lasbury@realtyoneaz.com
480.452.6543
Hey NYer the best would be a Condo with a Pool and a Workout Facility, walk to Bank, Small shopping center and more.
I've got just the place and very reasonable prices for Scottdale.
Hi Marsha,

We have lots of family that come from NY. 85251 is a great zip code for what you want. There are a couple other areas that would be good for you also. Contact me at 480-215-7384 and we can narrow it down for you. I would be happy to help!

Barbra T. Larkin
NB Andrews and Associates
480-215-7384
barbt40@cox.net
7440 E Pinnacle Peak Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ

A REALTOR WITH HONESTY AND INTEGRITY!

Buy, Sell, Rent, Residential, Commercial & Land
Dear Masha,

I have a 2 bedroom condo on waterfront with great views plus one car garage in a gated community available. It's in a beautiful area of Scottsdale and walking distance to park, shopping etc.
Do you need to rent or to buy?
Please feel free to contact me at any time.

​​ SHAHLA MENTHA,ABR, e-Pro, REALTOR®
Executive Real Estate Consultant
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
​Direct: ​602-741-0755
​Email: ​ mentha.shahla@gmail.com
​
Website: ​http://www.azmove1.com/
I have a great one bedroom condo that is available--are you looking to rent or purchase?