Home Buying in Clinton>Question Details

sharp.kirsten, Home Buyer in Clinton, MD

NEED TO KNOW THE HOMEBUYING PROCESS (FIRST TIME HOMEBUYER)

Asked by sharp.kirsten, Clinton, MD Wed May 15, 2013

Hello Everyone. I am currently thinking about purchasing my first home and wanted to know really what to expect. My credit is somewhat ok in the 600's and I currently work for the government making almost $40,000 a year. Any advice?

Answers

4
I wrote a book for first time homebuyers...it teaches you how to buy a home without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 15, 2013
Hi Sharp,

First step is to talk to a loan officer to see how much you can afford and what is your ideal payment per month. if you need help in this area let me know.

Second or it could be the first step is to ascertain representation to assist thru the process. Selecting what area you want to be in. do u want to purchase a standard sale, short sale, REO, auction property etc.

feel fee to visit the site below for no hassles. you can calculate payments and more.
Kirsten,

Hello! Generally credit scores need to be at 640 or higher. The higher the score the better interest rate you can get and the lower the mortgage rate.

Your income is evaluated but so are your monthly debts, such as student loans, car payments and credit cards.

Government agencies usually have credit unions, you may want to call yours or see if you are eligible for one. Other member programs such as Veterans, USAA, and NACA programs exist to help with financing.

Or you can inquire at your bank.

In Maryland you do get a tax credit as a first time home buyer.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Rachelle Bartlett
Century 21 New Millennium
301-659-9368
Kirsten,

Please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email, I would love to assist you in this process.

William
(410) 963-4999
William@fivedoors.com