Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

ME, Both Buyer and Seller in Atlanta, GA

NEED A CMA ASAP! ELLENWOOD GA AREA HOME... TRUE MARKET VALUE VS. FHA(APPRAISAL)

Asked by ME, Atlanta, GA Tue Mar 19, 2013

LEAVE CONTACT .THANKS

Answers

10
Simple question but not so simple answer.

Market value is what buyers in the current environment "feel" the property is worth. That tends to be the most accurate and timely estimate - and it's also extremely fluid as each buyer has their own conditions and circumstances for buying and the myriad of variables in that seperate process. In other words - "I love it and want to buy but can't qualify"

An FHA appraisal indicates that a contract has been submitted and and FHA appraisal completed. That appraiser has set guidelines for completion - no emotion and all data. This has a degree of subjectivity; appraisers will vary and no two reports will be the same - they should be close but won't be the same.

If this request for a CMA is to counter a "low" FHA appraisal, it's a waste of time. The FHA appraisal will run with the home for six months; that is the market value in the eyes of FHA. An agent prepared CMA has no credibility in the eyes of the mortgage industry, it is not applicable.

Add to that the simple idea that unless the subject is inspected, how can an accurate CMA be completed? Reliance on tax records is a waste of time and while agents can send comps, without physically inspecting a property you cannot accurately bracket possible market value. This would provide a very broad range and broad potential comp pool - it cannot be used to challenge an appraisal.

Hank
Web Reference: http://www.hmtatlanta.com
appraisal amount is over selling price of homes in area. Just making sure I'm not pricing home to high in this market.
Hello ME,

I am guessing you do not like the appraised amount. A CMA is not going to help, but you can appeal the FHA appraisal based on the facts. Ask your real estate agent to review the appraisal for factual errors, choice of comparable properties, or adjustments that are missing, too high or low. Ask the lender how to file the appeal and for the information they require. This is a quasi government agency, and they have some not so quasi rules you must follow.

Arm yourself with facts, make your case, and let us know how it works out.

Dave Herren
Best Atlanta Properties
404-425-4945
bricksandsticksrealty@gmail.com
404-736-8635 or 866-952-9449 x1
What's the address? I'd be happy to help you with a CMA.
OOps, I forgot my email address...

BLKDR1@bellsouth.net
Good Evening,

I am available to send you the comps that you need. Feel free to email me the address and what it is specifically that you are looking for. I will send you the tax records as well. I look forward to your response and serving your housing needs.

Rhonda Haynes
The "HUD" Queen
Tally Real Estate Group, LLC
404-597-5506
An FHA appraisal is going to be the tool used to determine the current market value of a particular home. A CMA cannot be used in the mortgage process.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Can you please give us the reason you need a CMA? Do you already have an FHA appraisal?
Post a little more info about your concerns. I own several homes in Ellenwood and the prices have not increased as much as in other areas.
Send me the address I'll give you the CMA, craigmclendonre@gmail.com
THANKS, EMAILING YOU NOW.
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013