Home Buying in Lawrence>Question Details

manuel1290, Home Buyer in Lawrence, MA

My wife is in love with a house that recently (6 months ago) for 250.000, I was wondering if is possible to offer the home owners to buy their house.

Asked by manuel1290, Lawrence, MA Sat Mar 16, 2013

Sarah Goulart Nathe’s answer
I think Manuel is saying that the home was on the market six months ago but is no longer on.

Manuel, if so, then certainly call them to see if they would entertain an offer. Find a buyers agent or attorney to represent you.
Which house are you referring to? Info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
Anything is always possible. Is it probable?

Hmm I don't see the house. I was only able to find 3 homes that sold for $240K in Lawrence ... where are you home shopping?

So, there is nothing stopping you from making an offer on a house regardless whether it is offered for sale or not. The only difference would be the reception on the offer and therefore your approach and presentation would need to be very different in that you may need to provide a motivation for the owner to sell.
If is listed for sale? If it is you should engage a realtor to help you write an offer.

If it's not listed for sale, you can certainly approach the seller...but I would still advise you to engage a realtor to help you evaluate the house, get all the required disclosures, determine a market price, and negotiate.

Since the new owners just bought the place and are just settling in, they may not be amenable to selling at this time...however, everything is for sale at the right price. But you don't want to over pay either. I suggest you engage a realtor to help you find something similar that your wife may like, possibly even more. Good luck!
Flag Sun Mar 17, 2013
The house is not for sale it sold six months ago. But my wife wants to buy this house with cash. I was just wondering if is possible to offer the owners to buy the house even though is not for sale.
Flag Sat Mar 16, 2013