Home Buying in Londonderry>Question Details

Jatll03076, Home Buyer in New Hampshire

My wife and I recently looked at a home on Sunflower Lane in Londonderry, NH and really liked it. BUT....

Asked by Jatll03076, New Hampshire Thu Nov 12, 2009

There are 5 other properties for sale in the neighborhood, 4 of them in a row!! What is wrong with this neighborhood that I need to know about? My agent is not aware of any issues and I cannot seem to find anything about the area on-line.

Answers

7
Check out the aerial maps for the address on http://www.Bing.com. You can see the road construction just to the north of the development.
I will agree, walking the neigborhood and talking to the neighbors is a good place to start, another thing you might also want to consider is visiting the neighborhood at various times in the day and on various days to get a real feel for the area. A buyer agent will help you obtain the necessary information needed for you to make a decision you will feel comfortable with .
Good Luck.
We also looked at this area. We were wondering if the Manchester Airport could be the issue. It seems that the noise may be a problem. Would like to know if anyone has any opinion on this.
I live at 14 Sunflower Lane. There is nothing wrong in the neighborhood. One family got divorced (#17), another family wants to downsize (#15), another family wants to move back to the town they came from (#13), and the last family wants to move to another town closer to the private school that they want to send their son to. #6 Sunflower is moving because his job was relocated to the midswest.
Hi Jatll- It could just be a coincidence...
But, you might want to check with the Town. Are there any specialized assessments coming to that street. Maybe they are improving or installing a town water or sewer line for that road, and all owners there have to pay $5000 or $10000 towards that (local) Town improvement - ?? Things like that do happen- and may make some people want to sell if they were considering selling.
Also, now is the time for most sellers to list, to take advantage of the buyer tax credit.
If you need any other help, please let me know. Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
If you have a buyers agent, you should have them pull thelisting sheets on all the homes for sale. Then either you or your agent call and ask why they are selling. I also agree that walking the area on a weekend day when people are out and about and simply talking to the neighbors, ask why they think people are moving, what the like or dont like about the area. It will come along way in assisting you with finding answers. Good Luck with your purchase.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 14, 2009
You may want to think about walking the neighborhood and talk with people that live there.