Home Buying in Ridgewood>Question Details

Mike, Home Buyer in Ridgewood, NJ

My wife and I have decided we would like to buy our first home in Ridgewood. Do you think more properties will be listed soon?

Asked by Mike, Ridgewood, NJ Wed Jul 11, 2012

We would like to stay under $450,000. Everytime we see something that interests us, it seems like it is already under contract. Are the homes going that quickly in Ridgewood? Unfortunately, we haven't seen many new listing come up in the last two months. Have things slowed down and if so, when would you expect things to pick up?

Mike

Answers

13
Hi Mike,
Have you found a home yet? I just listed my house few days ago at 303 Jeffer Street, Ridgewood,NJ 07450.
If you are still in the market looking for home in Ridgewood , I 'll be happy to show you my home.
please contact me at 201-694-2432
Vicky
You may want to explore some other towns as you will probably get more for what you are looking for in your price point. To help with your search some other great towns, go to:
http://www.bergencountyhomesearcher.com/
Ridgewood is such a great community, with great schools and as a result a very desirable area where homes go quickly. Inventory in Ridgewood, like all towns in Bergen County, have been very low. I am expecting to see more homes hit the market as we approach late January & February '13.
I expect to get a 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath Cap Cod listing in Ridgewood for under $450k during that time frame. Please feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to help.
Joe Hurley
Sales Associate

Weichert Realtors, Ridgewood
cell: (201)819-7585
fax: (201)670-7780
jhurley@weichert.com
http://www.bergencountyrealestateagent.net
Ridgewood is a HOT town. As soon as something nice comes on the market, it is usually gone within a few weeks. Find your next home in Ridgewood at:
http://www.bergencountyhomesearcher.com/results.aspx?custom=…
Hello Mike:

Properties are listed in Ridgewood on a weekly if not a daily basis. It is true that competitive properties there will sell quickly depending on the price range which you are in. the key can be to get out to see the property and be very aggressive in your offer. Sometimes, in summer the listings are a bit slower as people are away. If you are not already working with an experienced real estate agent as I am, I would be happy to help you with properties in Ridgewood or anywhere else.

Please contact me at any time. Thanks.

Harriet Lewis-Trulia Top Recommended Agent (201)467-5738 and
(201)707-5640(Cell)
hrlconsult@yahoo.com
Mike, new homes are being added every day, don't get discouraged. There will be something coming on the market shortly that sounds like it will fit your needs perfectly.

Michael DiMaulo
Coldwell Banker
44 Franklin Ave.
Ridgewood, NJ
(201) 274-3782
Thank you all for the responses. We are still keeping our eyes/ears open and hopefully something comes up soon. Otherwise, we may think of renting in the area if we can find a short term lease in order to be able to see houses more easily and familiarize ourselves more with the town.

I appreciate any and all advice and should I need to reach out to any of you, I will not hesitate to do so.

Thanks!
Hi Mike,

I think the market has actually picked up in the last month or so in Ridgewood, in terms of sales, so current inventory is moving which of course is a great sign for the Ridgewood market. I've had a couple of my listings sell in record time and one had several offers on it. I've provided a link for a list of properties available between $400,000 and $500,000 in Ridgewood below for your convenience and you can certainly feel free to call me anytime if you have any questions about the market or to view any of these homes. I'm an experience sales agent who has worked in Ridgewood real estate for many years. I'd be more than happy to bring my expertise to you and provide you with excellent customer service. We also sometimes know of listings that will be coming on the market before they are listed, so I will keep my eyes open for those as well. Thank you and all the best to you!

http://www.anamonizrealestate.com/listings/areas/159182/minp…

Ana Moniz, ABR
Keller Williams Village Square Realty
257 E. Ridgewood Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
(201) 247-6341 Cell
Anawcl@aol.com http://www.AnaMonizRealEstate.com
Mike,

You are right, not many homes are coming currently on the market. That is typical for the summer months. However, that will change again soon and you need to be ahead of the game this time. See the slower time as your opportunity to educate yourself about the market (and also to get the financing lined up, since you will not have enough time to start this process once you find the right home).
Since you feel that you are coming too late into the game, you probably also have not seen many houses. If you did, very good. If you did not, you will need to. Especially in this price range, where houses move a little faster, I try to educate my clients as much as I can upfront , show them houses in that price range, even if they might not be 'perfect'. Sometimes, pictures do not tell the whole truth and you need to see a property in person. That will also give you the opportunity to visit different neighborhoods and/or different house styles. In other words, you get the experience in a short amount of time, you will get a feel for the market and you will know when a house is priced right so you are ready to pull the trigger when you see the right one ... and yes, only a Realtor will be able to give you up-to-the-minute information so you will be one of the first to see the house next time around.
Follow my links, profile and web site for more information.
Till Horkenbach, ABR® , SRES®, e-PRO®
REALTOR®, Sales Associate
KELLER WILLIAMS - Village Square Realty
201-445-4300 (o) | 201-310-1260 (c)
thorkenbach@gmail.com
Good Morning Mike:

There shouldn't be a problem with staying under $450,000.00 in Ridgewood. However, there are many buyers in that price range so when good properties come on the market, they go quickly. That's the reason why when you see something of interest, it's under contract.

In our business, Mike, things have not slowed down. The interst rates are an historically low rate now and buyers, like you, are out there.

The best advice we can give is, if you're not working with an agent, decide on one. That will help you be the "first" to see new listings as they come up. Unfortunately, if you're shopping on the internet, properties may show available when in actuality they aren't.

It would be our pleasure to help you, feel free to call me or email.

Regards
Susan and Albert Bernier
Keller Williams Village Square Realty
201-445-4300 X255
973-568-6719 Cell
Al2sueb@aol.com
Also Mike. I am assuming you are not already working with an agent and are using the internet to shop then visiting the open houses. If you are already working with someone, they are probably aware of new on market. The key for you then is to come out to Ridgewood ASAP to see the home when the new one arrives then act immediately.
Hi Mike,
Activity in Ridgewood is very brisk. Sounds like you need an agent that knows when new listing are coming on market and one that follows new on market as they arrive. If you are just seeing them to find they are Under Contract, the search engines you are using have stale info.

My specialty is Ridgewood. I have lived here since 1973 and know every street and neighborhood, the school systems, commuting options and true value of the homes for sale. I can tell you when there is an urgency to act and if the home price is realistic........that hot new listing at that great price...

I am finding more and more the Bidding Wars have returned. Once you see something that interests you, I do have a formula to pursue obtaining the home.

First! You need to be set up with receiving a report that instantaneously alerts you of new on market so you don't feel like you've "arrived late to the party"...just missing these homes. It seems the info you are getting might be dated but I'm not sure.

As far as new inventory...this is an in depth discussion I'd be happy to talk to you about.

Call me today [or email] and I will set you up with the alerts of current info and discuss the plan.
Click on my photo to find out more about me. Pls visit those Testimonials. I am most proud of these.

Take care,
Chris Gubb
Keller Williams Village Square, Ridgewood
201-362-6344
Mike-

This is a notoriiously slow time of year for real estate in this area.More new listings will probably pop up in the Fall but in your price range they do sell quicky if fairly valued.

Donna