Home Buying in Illinois>Question Details

Bob, Home Buyer in Illinois

My wife and I have been trying to find a condo to buy. There is a building we are in love with, but

Asked by Bob, Illinois Tue Jun 16, 2009

currently no units are listed. We are considering having our agent contact the owners of the units to ask them if they are interested in selling. There are about 20 possible units. Has anyone ever done this before and have it work out??

Answers

3
anybody else have any experience with this?
Thank you so much Wendy, that is encouraging.
I am worried that even if someone does say yes, they will name an outrageous price. but, I guess we don't have anything to lose.
Absolutely, It is done all the time. Contact the HOA and ask - someone might have mentioned the possibility of moving to someone of the board. Yes, this does work. Many people hem and haw before they actually list. There are actually form letters that can go out letting the potential sellers know that someone wants to buy in that particular building.