Home Buying in West Bend>Question Details

rpung83, Home Buyer in Matteson, IL

My wife and I are wanting to get our first house. The problem that is at hand is that my credit is shot meaning 520 and hers is around 620.

Asked by rpung83, Matteson, IL Tue Jan 29, 2013

I(husband) have had a bankruptcy that was filed and closed 6 years ago. Is this a pipe dream or is there that ability to get approved for FHA or any other type of loan. Thanks in advanced!

Answers

4
Rob Wagner’s answer
It's certainly not a pipe dream. Also, there are programs available that beat FHA right now with lenders in the area.

Align yourself with an experienced mortgage broker and get on path to buying that first house!
We would be happy to provide you with contact information for experienced lenders in our area that have been helpful to past clients who faced the same challenges. It can be done!
Hi rpung83,

Don't give up. Credit can be repaired. I would start by asking friends, family and co-workers who may know a reputable lender that can assist you with this. I have seen lower credit scores turned around in months. Much depends on what is bringing those scores down. If being a home owner is important to you, I am confident that you will get there.

Make it your top priority and work with trusted agents, lenders and the like. Ask lots of questions and follow the advice that you are given.

And by all means, come back to Trulia and let us know when you have purchased your first home. We love to hear the happy endings.

Best of luck to you.
We have programs that go down to 500 score. If there are open collections those would need to be paid or settled before closing. Get into touch with me and we can talk about everything and see if you qualify. P: 888-320-7888 - Ken@MortgagesforAmerica.org - Ken Burrows