Home Buying in North Port>Question Details

Sandsifter1, Other/Just Looking in 08759

My wife and I are retired and looking to relocate to North Port Fl. We would like a home with pool that we can afford. we both are on SSI.

Asked by Sandsifter1, 08759 Sun Jun 17, 2012

My wife is semi disabled.

Answers

6
I would love to help you and your wife find a wonderful home in North Port. I have lived in North Port for over 20 years and love it. It's a very nice location, keeping you close to shopping and restaurants and short drive to the beaches.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Debbie Bennice
REALTOR
CENTURY 21 Almar & Associates
Cell: (941) 587-5293
Email: Debbiebennice@msn.com
Here is a list of things you should do before you search for a home.
1. Be an informed buyer. Gather information about the market.
2. Become familiar with the mortgage process. Get pre-approved.
3. Put together a budget.
4. Decide on a home buying timeline.
5. Determine your needs and wants.
6. Find a good Realtor.
7. Begin your home search.

I can send you a list of mortgage lenders in the area. Our office is located a few blocks from North Port. We sell homes in North Port all the time. I would be happy to work with you and help you find a home. Most of the pool homes under $100k are going to be bank foreclosures or short sales and will need some work. You may want to also consider a community such as Jockey Club that has a community pool rather than a pool at the home. The inventory of homes has gone down and the lower priced homes that are in decent shape are very competitive with multiple offers. Contact me and I can get you started.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty - http://www.greenlionrealty.com
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
First talk to your bank or mortgage professional to see how much you can afford to spend. Work out down payment and related expenses and then it will be easy to look for homes that fit your budget. The inventory is dwindling so you should work out the best options for you.
Call or email me and I would be happy to help!
Genevieve Ramachandran
The North Port area has pool homes available in all price ranges. I assisted several retired couples, with limited income, in purchasing pool homes in the last year. The homes ranged from $45,000 (built in 1970, 3/2/1, 1200 SF) to $123,000 (built in 2004, 3/2/2, 1800 SF). The $45,000 home was bank owned and required about $8000.00 in repairs. The higher priced home was a short sale, and did not require any repairs. If you would like a list of the homes currently available, I would be happy to send them to you.
Without knowing what you want and can spend that is a difficult question to answer. I would be happy to speak with you further about your future plans and living here in the North Port area.

Email me at jakelismichelle@gmail.com or phone at 941-962-3072, so you can tell me more about what it is you are looking for and I would then be able to provide you with your options.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Michelle Jakelis
Floridian Realty Services
941-962-3072
jakelismichelle@gmail.com
We would have to sit down and see what your budget is and your resources available to you. After that we could take a look at all the homes available in your price range in North Port. let me know if you would like to do that. Send me an email...Wayne