Home Buying in Pensacola>Question Details

1s1k, Renter in Villa Rica, GA

My wife and I are planning on moving to Pensacola, FL for school. we have a house now in Georgia. What to do?

Asked by 1s1k, Villa Rica, GA Wed Aug 1, 2012

If your intention is buy a house here in Pensacola, I strongly suggest you try to sell your house in GA first. A second home-type mortgage is extremely detailed and hard to qualify for....it's possible, just difficult. Mortgages for a primary residence and a second-home residence vary greatly. I hope you are able to find what you are looking for and if you need assistance, I have a real estate friend in GA that could possibly help you out on that end. What area is your house located in in GA? Have a beautiful day!

~Kimberly Gettle~
ERA Old South Properties
I would you suggest you start doing research on the area you would like to live in, possibly close to your school. Most people do all their research on the web prior to actually moving. You need to research and decide if you are going to keep your present home, rent it or sell it. Then contact a local realestate agent in P-cola, get them to put you on a market analysis for the area you would like to live. they can help with short term rentals or long term home purchase.
Keller Williams has great programs for people moving.
Congratulations on your move and on Going to School! The housing market in Pensacola is great for Buyers. You can buy a home for less than what you would pay in rent. If you're not sure that you'll stay in the area once you're done with school, I would recommend buying something that will be easy to rent. Moderate size, convenient to stores and restaurants will be a plus and a house in good condition preferably updated will help when trying to resell or rent out.

Try signing up for MLS email updates for various locations in our area so that you can get familiar with various neighborhoods and prices. By the time you come to the area, you'll have an idea of what you like and what you don't.

There is a Home Search feature on my Blog as well as a Free Foreclosure List which gets updated daily in case you're looking for a deal. MovingToPensacola.Blogspot.com

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask,
Paula Wright
850-512-1185 x104
Having made a similar move not too many years ago (yes, I have been to Villa Rica) I would love to help you and your wife make your move to Pensacola.

I even know a realtor in your area who could help you with your sale up there.

If you would like me to help you please give me a call at 850-293-9953 or e-mail me at jack.lynch@mygulfre.com.

I will be happy to help you however I can.