Home Buying in Fort Myers>Question Details

Kurt Gardner, Home Buyer in Madison, OH

My wife and I are looking to relocate from Ohio to Florida where looking for a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a fenced in yard with a pool and an

Asked by Kurt Gardner, Madison, OH Tue May 22, 2012

in-law-suite those are all the most haves how do we go about finding are dream home

Answers

27
You have gotten tremendous response from your question and have probably already received lots of good advice. However, if you haven't already been recruited by another buyer's realtor then I would love to offer you assistance in finding the perfect home.

The website below will allow you to see the availabel properties that meet your search criteria and will also provide you with the opportunity to save your favorties, receive daily reports and ask me questions.

I would really like to share my expertise with you as you shop for your "dream home".

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Web Access to MLS:
Hello Kurt! Glad you made a decision to move to beautiful Florida!!! Do you have any idea where you want to move to? We have homes throughout Florida. Lennar Homes offer brand new homes with Everything Included at no additional cost!!! Good luck in your search and let us know if we can assist.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Kurt,
Do you know where you want to be in Florida? The agent below is correct, find an agent that you feel comfortable with and explain what you want. He/she can help find the home for you and save you a lot of time and trouble.
I'm originally from Ohio (New Philadelphia) and really love Florida. I'm close to Orlando, so if you need help just let me know. The takes a little getting used to, but it's been great!
Go Buckeyes! I lived in Quail Hollow and moved to the Fort Myers area 5 years ago.

Finding the right agent is the right start. You may use our website to search for homes. It has a direct feed from the local Multiple Listing Service.

Search the Fort Myers MLS - http://coconutpointbonitaspringsrealestate.idxco.com/idx/371…

Search the Bonita Springs/Estero MLS - http://coconutpointbonitaspringsrealestate.idxco.com/idx/371…

A IMPORTANT note is that you need to search both Fort Myers MLS and Bonita Estero MLS. Due to politics in our area there are two completely separate MLS systems with different properties. To make sure you are seeing all possible homes you will need to make sure you and/or you agent has access to both MLS systems.

Feel free to email or call for any additional information I love to help you relocate to our area.
I am selling my Home in Cape Coral. Great home, clean, good neighborhood and close to downtown.
Can send you photos and more info;
fconorozzo@hotmail.com
"The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a Buyer Broker." As stated by AARP and The Consumer Federation of America, per REALTOR NEWS.

Florida Buyer Broker is one of the only “genuine” buyer brokers in all of Southwest Florida. There is NO extra/hidden or additional cost for you to obtain my specialized “exclusive” buyer broker services in your real estate transaction. “The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker.” As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR® News.

On my informative homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBuyer.com you will learn about:

The #1 Mistake Real Estate Buyers Make
20 Critical Mistakes Buyers Make
20 Things the Listing Agent Does Not Tell You about Short Sales
Short Sale Fraud
Foreclosures - the Wild West of Real Estate
Unrealistic Buyer Expectations
Buyer Beware
Chinese Drywall

There is no obligation required of you to access this important free educational information on my homepage. The site is informative but does not give the buyers the benefit of my 30 years experience working in the Southwest Florida real estate market unless they call me to schedule time for me to work with them. So, don’t hesitate to call. I am the broker who will actually assist you in finding the best property in your price range and have extensive experience working in 2 counties to help you make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck. It’s best to schedule my time in advance.
On my general “Search Property” link you will be able to search property anywhere in Florida. Please see “Search thru MLS Data” on my homepage to for instructions on how this search link works.
On the “Search thru MLS Data” on my homepage you will find instructions on how to access the different searching options including local REALTOR® MLS data to “search like an agent.” Once you set up a profile on these links, you can save your search and you will automatically be notified when new listings or price changes become available which meet your criteria. It is important that you give yourself at least 15 minutes to sign in and complete an entire search prior to leaving the system in order to set up the program properly. Your search will then be saved and you will be able to change your criteria anytime in the future. I recommend scrolling down the criteria choices and putting a “don’t want” in the short sale box. You want to get a good idea of what is available, don’t base your decision to buy on a short sale.

You will need to copy the links below and paste in your address bar OR go to the Menu Bar on http://www.floridabuyerbroker.com to click directly on the links to access “Collier Search Link or Lee Search Link.”

To Search Lee County - Cape Coral, Ft. Myers, Estero, Pine Island, Lehigh, Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach and Bonita Springs:
http://www.buyerbroker.listingbook.com

To Search Collier County - Naples, Bonita Springs (Part of Bonita is in Collier County and Part is in Lee County) Marco Island and surrounding areas: http://www.floridabuyerbroker.listingbook.com
Many homes built between 2000 and 2009, including some renovated homes in Southwest Florida were built with Chinese Drywall. I hope you will take time to learn more about this serious problem at the Chinese Drywall link on my homepage.
I assure you it does not cost you more to obtain my specialized buyer broker services. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker can legally negotiate for a lower price for the buyer and must take care of the buyers’ best interest through out the transaction. A buyer broker is required to give the buyer loyalty, confidentiality, care and diligence, accounting, disclosure of all known pertinent facts and your financial status is protected.
This is my 30th year selling real estate in the Southwest Florida. I have been working as an “exclusive” buyer broker since 1993 and licensed to sell real estate in Florida since 1981. Please feel free to call me anytime on my toll free number 1-800-283-7393.
I am friendly and easy to talk to.
Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC Informative homepage: http://www.floridabuyerbroker.com
Owner – Broker
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com Florida Buyer Broker
Local Direct: 239-601-2013
US and Canada Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393
It is very surprising, I lived in Ohio for many years, my husband and my son are graudated from Ohio State University, and my first child wa born at the Ohio State University . Anyway, my husband is movimg to Florida for a job, if you need some information about the place you are goig to live, I will be more than happy to help you. I can also find you a very knowledgeable agent in Florida for you. Also, I know a family who are moving from Cleveland Ohio to Florida.
Hi Mr. Gardner,

I see you have had alot of responses but still wanted to comment (I was out of town all day yesterday). My husband grew up in Columbus and I am originally from Kentucky but have lived in Cape Coral for 24 years and know the area extremely well.

I will be visiting my best friend in Ohio in June so if you are available I would be more than happy to meet with you while I am in the Cleveland area or I can meet with you when you come to Cape Coral.

Feel free to email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or call me at 239-707-4575. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the area and I would love the opportunity to help you find your dream home.

Terry McCarley, Jones & Co Realty
Realtor® CDPE
Hi Kurt,
You will love it here in paradise! Annie and I made the move 21 years ago from Rhode Island which has the same weather as Ohio, just 2 days later!

You have received some great answers. I would suggest you interview a few agents by phone and find one with whom you feel comfortable. We all have the tools to help you find what you are looking for. Spend a few minutes on the phone and make your decision.

Good luck and welcome to Southwest Florida!

Marc
Hi Kurt,
You are making the right decision. It is lovely here. I am a midwesterner myself. Please give me a call or send me your email. We can help you with your mortgage needs also.

Pam Wittenauer
Residential Realtor
Krise Commercial Group, LLC
239-989-7077
http://www.realtyinswflorida.com
Hi Kurt,
You have some great answers. I would be happy to help you. I can provide you with testimonials and recommendations from past clients. What you are looking for should not be hard to find. Are you planning a visit to the area? If so I would love to meet with you. If you would like me to send you properties that may fit your needs,, just let me know. nancy.doyle1@comcast.net . I'm happy to help in any way I can. I hope to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day,
Nancy

http://www.nancyd.listingbook.com
Welcome to Fort Myers home of some of the best weather year round.

As my collegues suggest choose your realtor wisely.
Personalized service is the cornerstone of our business. Individuals looking to sell or purchase a home are our focus and client satisfaction is one of our primary goals. We focus on very specific areas of the Greater Fort Myers Area and specialize in Executive and Waterfront Homes. We know our market inside and out and pride ourselves in knowing what homes are currently available at any given time. Let us help you discover what we already know – Fort Myers is a wonderful area and we would love to help you sell or find your perfect home.

Your requests is not a hard item to fill but most of your search engines can't help with the inlaw suite. Your realtor is a professional and will find out that information for you.

http://www.riversiderealtyflorida.com

There is so much to see and do here in Fort Myers. http://www.eventsfortmyers.com

Live in SW Florida . http://www.riversiderealtyflorida.com/life-in-swfl/
"First of all the most important thing a buyer should do is work with a buyer broker." As stated by AARP & The Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR NEWS. Get Important Information for ALL buyers at http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com Learn about toxic Chinese Drywall which was used all over the US between 2000 and 2010. It was used heavily in Florida, not just in new homes, but also renovated homes. Learn about the Wild Wild Southwest Florida Foreclosure Market, Buyer Beware, Unrealist Expectations, The #1 Mistake Buyers Make, 21 Mistakes Buyers Can Make, 20 Things the Listing Agent Does Not Tell You About Short Sales, Short Sale Fraud and more. "Realizing Your Agent Isn't on Your Side is a Little Like Learning There is No Santa Claus" As stated on This Old House Television program. For more information about genuine buyer broker services AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to the buyer in your real estate transaction contact Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC, CIPS "The Original" Florida Buyer Broker licensed and selling real estate in Southwest Florida since 1981. No Buyer Broker Contract or retainer fee is required with my company, other companies may charge a fee for this specialized service. 1-800-283-7393 or broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
Hello Kurt,

you received a great response from local real estate professionals there. Here is some info on how to choose your realtor
http://www.realtor.com/basics/buy/looking/realtor.asp?source=web

Unless your are a cash-buyer, please feel free to contact me with all your mortgage needs, if I may be of any service to you.

With a pre-approval in hand you can start your shopping - real estate agents and sellers will take you much more seriously when they see you have your mortgage funding in place.

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
Hi Kurt - Glad to hear that your news - You'll love it here! I just helped a fellow from Akron to relocate here. There are so many good options for homes and your timing is ideal. I'd be happy to assist you in getting familiar with the area and setting settled into your new community. You are welcome to contact me any time at 239-989-6764 or MJ@MyFtMyersRealtor.com and you can easily search available propertis at http://www.MyFtMyersRealtor.com

Kind regards - MJ

MJ Lattig
Alliance Realty Group Ft Myers FL
239-989-6764
MJ@MyFtMyersRealtor.com
Hi Kurt,
I grew up and went to school in Columbus, and would love to help you. Feel free contact me so that we can discuss all of your criteria, for your Florida Dream home.

Serpil Ludwig
Century 21 Sunbelt Rlty #1
serpil@embarqmail.com
239-896-0087
Kurt, I would love to help you find a home that fits you desires. What is your desired price range? Send me (or call) your email address and I would be happy to send you some listings that would fit. Have you been here before? Do you have a preference between Cape Coral, Estero, Ft Myers, Lehigh? Gated or not? etc, etc, etc
Looking forward to working with you.

Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
239-560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett.com
Hi Kurt,

We have a very good variety of homes and areas here in beautiful Lee county to choose from. Have you visited our area before? If so, you may already have an area of the county that you prefer. It would help to know the answer to this question and many more. A more specific criteria would be necessary to find what you are looking for. I would love to help you find the perfect home here. Please don't hesitate to call me or email me. jackie@mytreeline.com 239-246-5925

Look forward to working with you!

Jackie Guadagna
Treeline Realty Corp..
Kurt, I be more than happy to help to find you that dream house for your wife and you! I can put you in touch with banks to take care of your financing needs as well!
Give me a call or email me and we can talk about your must haves!

Torsten Josupeit, Realtor
Market America Realty
Cell: 239 247 4689
email: Torsten@ MarketAmericaRealty.com
Hi, Kurt,
I'm not sure if you want to rent or buy a house. Please email me at Dorinas13@aol.com or call me at (239) 910-6485 so we can chat about what you are looking for. There are some great properties still available and I'm sure you will love living here as much as I have for 25 years.
Looking forward to working with you to find a great house for you and your family!
Dorina Soumastre
Century 21 Birchwood Realty
4040 Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral, FL 33904
Hi Kurt,

Please feel free to send me an email and I would be happy send you additional information: info@downtowndustyn.com. I look forward to hearing from you!!

Dustyn Corace, CDPE, SCIS, SFR
Broker-Associate/Annual Rental Manager
RE/MAX of the Islands
Hi Kurt,

I moved from Michigan eight years ago and would be glad to help you find a great home in the area. Feel free to contact me by email or phone at arthurjanowski@yahoo.com or 239-823-7745.

Have a great day,
Art
Kurt

I would love to help you, but I need some more information. I am a Florida resident via Madison, Wisconsin. I love my work helping people find their dream home. Please respond via the email or phone below and I can get you started on your search.

Can't wait to help!

Linda Tuffree
Keller Willims
ltuffree@gmail.com
239-233-7077
We have a lot of great homes in sw florida that I think you will love with all of your requests. I would be more then happy to help you out in your search.
Natalya parker
239 240 0287
Natalyaparker@ymail.com
You first and foremost need to find the right Realtor. Whom you choose to work with will determine how your search will go. We specialize in helping people find homes from out of state. We have all the technology to make things easy on our customers. Let us know if we can do the same for you.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
Hello Kurt,

When you have a moment please email, or call, me so that we may go over your search criteria in more detail. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Scott Lambert
Priceless Realty Tony Price & Associates, Inc.
cell: 239-878-5100
I'd be happy to help you with that search, Kurt. Feel free to call me at 239-246-0167 and let's get started!