Home Buying in Santa Rosa>Question Details

Bud Inzer, Home Buyer in Santa Rosa, CA

My wife and I are exploring the idea of purchasing a mobile home in Sonoma County. Does it pay to find a buyers agent?

Asked by Bud Inzer, Santa Rosa, CA Fri Apr 18, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


It is always best to have your own representation completely separate from the seller's interests. Duel agencies happen all the time and they can work, but it's my opinion that you're better off with a competent agent of your own. So, fine a good one who cares about your interests and stick with them.

To clarify: agents, either listing or selling, do not get paid until the transaction closes, then that get a percentage of the sales price, minus whatever their brokerage's share is.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 19, 2014
Hi Bud,

I would always suggest someone consult a buyer's agent. The buying agent always pays the seller so it shouldn't cost you anything. They can assist in the negotiation properties and represent you only.


Randy Tanner
RE/MAX Direct

Lindsey Racher
RE/MAX Direct
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 18, 2014
If you need financing on your manufactured home, I have been offering manufactured home loans since 1987. Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario. Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - Lending Nationwide Since 1987

800 315 8803


0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 8, 2014
The important thing is to find an agent experienced with the unique aspects of the mobile home market. Mobile homes are constructed differently than conventional residential homes and are part of a community. I have several blogs here on Trulia that you might find helpful to check out. I have helped many people both buy and sell manufactured and/or mobile homes, some in parks where you can own the land and not have to pay space rent. Best, Terry Bell, Realtor
Terry Bell, Realtor
CPS Real Estate, Santa Rosa
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 25, 2014
You definitely want an agent to help you throughout the process. They will be able to help you locate properties and make sure all of the contracts and paperwork are taken care of. It's what they do for a living. Speak to a few in your area to find one that you enjoy working with.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 19, 2014
You're very welcome. Best wishes for your new home!
Flag Mon Apr 21, 2014
Thanks Randall.
Flag Sat Apr 19, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer