Home Buying in Fairhope>Question Details

Shane, Home Buyer in Alpharetta, GA

My wife and I are considering the Fairhope area for relocation. My biggest concern is insurance costs. I am

Asked by Shane, Alpharetta, GA Thu Jun 25, 2009

having problems getting hard numbers (all I get is the statement it is 'damn high'). I also understand it is dependent on proximity to the coast... but if I was looking at a $350K house in a Rock Creek or Quail Creek like subdivision... how much should I be budgeting for insurance?

Answers

2
Shane, It depends on who your insurer is ultimately going to be. I live about a block from the water, in a similar price range, and we do pay a bunch - about $4,000 a year. But, we are within fifteen hundred feet of the bay. After that, rates change. You really, really have to find an insurer who will quote for you without running a credit check. If you would like some agents and their phone numbers, I will send you my list of companies, currently writing, to call.
So in response, it depends. Some are ridiculously high, some are reasonable. It just needs to be shopped, like anything else you may want to buy.
Warm regardsm
Dedra Lipscomb
Are you working with an agent at this time? If so have that agent get a quote ( estimate or range) for you. If not call Sandra @ Harper Realty in downtown Fairhope. http://www.harperrealtyonline.com 251-928-1060