Home Buying in 15101>Question Details

Galaxy, Home Seller in Allison Park, PA

My tenant would like to buy my house. What are the things I would need to do? would I have to get it appraise? would I need to have a lawyer???

Asked by Galaxy, Allison Park, PA Mon Aug 13, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


I agree with Tim.

1) Make sure your tenant can get a loan.
2) Write up a sales contract using an agent or lawyer
3) Go to a title company to close the deal and transfer the deed.

Also, the appraisal will be up to the buyers lender.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
Your tenant first needs to go speak with a lender to see if they can buy and get a loan. If not you don't need to waste anymore time. You will need a lawyer to draw up the documents and record the deed and deal with the lenders papers. The lender will require an appraisal and will order it. They will let the lawyer know if they need a survey.

Get the tenant to go speak to a lender and go from there.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
Thank you Tim!! But how do I determine the value of the property?
Flag Thu Aug 16, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer