Home Buying in Scarborough>Question Details

Mamma Monkey, Both Buyer and Seller in Scarborough, ME

My single parent step son is looking for a small house in the $100K range close to shopping and parks.

Asked by Mamma Monkey, Scarborough, ME Sun May 6, 2012

There is a lot available in that price range. Will this be his first home?

Here are some free home buying reports that either of you can download.

Talk to you soon,

I strongly recommend that you contact someone to act as his buyer's agent. I see a couple of choices have already responded. A buyer's agent will have access to listings that meet your step-son's price range and will be an advocate for him during the shopping process.

If he needs any guidance on the financing end I would be happy to help him with that aspect. Maybe with the right financing he can afford a little more home and have even more properties to choose from.

Hi - I would be happy to help your step son find the perfect house! There are many, many programs out there that offer down payment assistance, zerp percent down, etc. His price range is certainly doable within the Greater Portland Area. Please have him call me at 207-730-3071 or email me at amydfoley@gmail.com. Thanks! - Amy Foley
Hi Amy- My step-son owns a very nice condo in Windham but it is not convenient to his daughter and job. His father, my husband, will be very much involved in the selection and financing of the next home. This search is very preliminary and I am at the forefront of getting my step-son into an area that is convenient to his job and daughter who lives in Scarborough. As a busy young man, he does not need a large home and not another condo w/fees. Also, his father does not want him to get into a condo situation with fees. If something comes up in the $140-$150 range that would be great. My name is Barbara- Please contact me by e-mail anytime: slivers37@aol.com. My husband and I will be returning to NH next week and look forward to this home search. Thank you.
Flag Sun May 6, 2012