grangabby3, Both Buyer and Seller in Rancho Cordova, CA

My question is, how hard is it to purchase another home in Rancho Cordova while maintaining my home in NC.

Asked by grangabby3, Rancho Cordova, CA Tue Jul 17, 2012

I currently live in North Carolina and own my home. Current apprasial is 173,600.00, I owe 79,000.00. My plans are to move back to California in the summer of 2013. I have never owned more than 1 home. I know that one question a mortage lender will ask is "Will this be your permanent home, will I be living in it." I have family that would live in it until I moved. The market appears to be very good right now in my home town.

Answers

1
You are right, your lender will want to know if you are purchasing the property for investment
or personal residence to know what type of loan product they will be able to offer you..... If you purchase a home in Rancho Cordova in February with the intent to move into it in August, your new lender might be willing to consider the home a "2nd residence". Whether it is considered a personal residence or rental you are no doubt going to need to show the financial ability to support your current mortgage plus any mortgage you take on in California..........But because we represent clients in the purchase & sale of real estate, not lending, I always suggest you talk directly to the decision maker------a well qualified lender. They can guide you through the process of deciding what is best for you, making sure you understand any impact your status would have on the borrowing process.
We would be happy to refer you to a local lender who could advise you on your options so you can make a well informed decision. Good luck to you.