Home Buying in Richboro>Question Details

Sandy, Home Buyer in Newtown, PA

My question is, how can taxes be 4,000 dollars more at two different realtors for the same home, one listed 3,000 other one listed 7,000 (rounded off

Asked by Sandy, Newtown, PA Mon Aug 26, 2013

Answers

5
Thanks for the question. Please send me either the address or the MLS number and I'll certainly look into it. thanks
Hi Sandy,

Depending on where you are getting the information from about the home, you may possibly be looking at a CURRENT ACTIVE LISTING on the home, as well as an OLD (previously sold and settled) sale, of the same home (perhaps from years ago). That would show (in many cases), 2 different brokerages and different tax info).

In that case, you may be looking at tax info from years ago and comparing them to the current taxes. ($3000 in Richboro today on a single home is a bit on the low side - on the average, that is).

I lived in Holland from 97-2003 and my taxes were appx $3700 when I moved. Currently taxes on the same home are appx $6600 (I just sold the home next door).

Also, While not common (at all) in our immediate area, it was POSSIBLE for 2 (or more) brokers in the same area to be marketing the same home. It's called an OPEN LISTING and in many areas (not ours) they were common. (I'm about 99.9% that's probably not the case here).

In some areas - usually a bit "further up" in PA, Open Listings were quite common and it was very common to see 1 to 4 (or more) For Sale signs in the same yard, all with different brokerage names on the sign! Talk about confusing for the consumer....

The broker that produces an offer, gets the commission (and the seller can usually sell the property themselves and avoid paying commission as well) - so it wasn't uncommon at all to see a For Sale By Owner Sign "in the bunch" of other brokerage signs!

With current agency laws, I personally have not seen an Open Listing in many years (even in other areas of PA). I believe an Open Listing may "still be possible" in those areas, but most brokerages just aren't willing to spend their marketing dollars on a home that they may never see a commission from, and most have an office policy or business plan that won't consider taking that type of listing.

(Probably more than you need to know about listings)!

If I can be of any help, please let me know.

Brian Luce - ABR, SRS
Associate Broker
Weidel Realtors
213-348-5600
Only one realtor can have a property listed to sell. The taxes come from the tax record which that realtor uses. If two have the same property listed there has to be some kind of mistake. If you have the address I can check what the taxes are.
They can't. And 2 Realtors wouldn't have the same listing. If you email me the address, I'm happy to send you the public record.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.979.5967 m
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
Obviously, one of them has it wrong. The only way to be certain is to check with your local tax office. Most will give you this information over the phone.
I just spoke with the Tax Office and they can not give out that information. :(
Thanks anyway.
Flag Mon Aug 26, 2013