Cale Siler, Home Buyer in Elmhurst, Sacramento,...

My partner and I are looking to buy in the Elmhurst/T Street Greenbelt area in the next month or two in the

Asked by Cale Siler, Elmhurst, Sacramento, CA Fri Mar 14, 2008

$350,000 range. Is there an agent out there that knows Elmhurst well?

Answers

8
I missed your question on my meebo as I was tied up when you checked in. I'm going into a meeting at 3:15 but will be finished by 4:30 or so. As Erin said, she and I both work the Elmhurst area. There are some good buys in that area right now. The only drawback is if you buy too close to the freeway, the traffic noise sometimes carries over into the yard. Lots of homeowners put water features in the yard, though, to cover the noise. But there are certainly other parts of Elmhurst that are much quieter. The boulevard is beautiful and homes around that are one of the best kept secrets in Sacramento!

A home a little further down T Street just sold as an REO for about $200,000 less than it sold a few years ago. I was astonished when I saw that comparable sale hit MLS. Some of the homes are little older, too, but they are also abundant with character and charm. If you don't mind doing a little fixing up, I think you could buy an absolutely gorgeous home in Elmhurst.
Hello, I'm the person who originally asked this question and I wanted to follow up on the experience I had connecting with an agent through this site. My experience was superb. I ended up choosing Elizabeth Weintraub as my agent due to her knowledgable response to this post. She promptly (in 4 days) found the house of my dreams in the exact neighborhood I wanted. However, after 4 counter offers the deal appeared dead as the seller wouldn't budge on his preferred price and we simply couldn't afford to offer a penny more. At that point, Elizabeth single-handedly came up with a innovative compromise that satisfied all parties involved. And just like that, the deal went from a lost cause to us getting our house. She is a miracle worker. Also, she's very knowledgable, extremely professional and worked very hard on our behalf. She even was juggling our counter offers while on vacation out of state! This isn't my first home purchase and Elizabeth is the 4th agent I've worked with. She is, by far, the best I've ever worked with and truly in a league of her own. If you are buying or selling in Sacramento, do yourself a favor and make sure you are represented by Elizabeth. Cale Siler
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 4, 2008
Thanks for noticing Jim! ;-)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 16, 2008
Erin Stumpf, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA
Sure - there are some great agents on Trulia who work that area. I do, and Elizabeth Weintraub does. You can easily find our contact information on this forum. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.erinattardi.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 14, 2008
3 cheers for Cale and Elizabeth
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Cale-

Congrats and good luck with your escrow! Thank you for posting a success story on this forum regarding a local agent. Elizabeth is great.

All too often, these online forums seem to be inundated with comments and stories from vocal consumers who share bad experiences, think agents don't work hard enough, think agents have no knowledge base or expertise, etc. Often times, agents who give sound advice open themselves up to ridicule and vitriol from these vocal few...the truly satisfied consumers do not frequently share their good experiences publicly.

Again, thanks for sharing! I am sure Elizabeth will guide you to a successful close of escrow. Enjoy your new home!

Erin
I have been reading Erin's answers on Trulia for about 8 months. She is consistent in the high quality of her Trulia answers to consumer questions. I also noticed that she closed escrow on a short sale listing of hers in Elk Grove last month. A Realtor that can close a short sale has above average skills.
Good afternoon,

I would be happy to set you up with an automated search that will send you all "Just Listed" properties and homes that fit your search criteria. I would also be able to take you and your partner on home tours.
Check out my profile here on Trulia or on my website at http://www.alexamaro.com
You can search the MLS there for free and see if my business philosophy meets the criteria you are looking for in an agent. I'd love the opportunity to interview and work with you.
Have a great day,
Alex Amaro