Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Qmilburn, Renter in 19111

My mother & my younger sister(28yrs) want to move to GA, is this possible?

Asked by Qmilburn, 19111 Sat Feb 9, 2013

My mother is on SSI, my sister works. Looking for information to assist them in this move. Would they be able to purchase a home? if so what steps do they need to take to prepare this year before they want to move to GA at the end of this year?

Answers

6
Fred Yancy, Broker’s answer
The first thing to do is get your family pre-approved through a local lender. That will answer a lot of your questions. If you need a recommendation for a lender, I work with several really good lenders, give me a call.

Fred Yancy, Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
(678) 799-4663
http://fredyancy.crye-leike.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2013
Qmilburn,

The best way to answer your question is to speak with a lender in Georgia. You will need to provide detailed information about their income, debts and employment history. Once you have your answer, contact a Realtor to help you start the home buying process.

To find a lender or Realtor, start with those who respond to this post and ask people you know and trust for references.

Dave Herren
Best Atlanta Properties
404-425-4945
The first step is to speak with a lender to see if they can qualify for a loan. I have a local lender if you would like to speak with them. Once they have an idea of the amount they are qualified for a home purchase the next step is to speak with a Realtor .

I would be more than happy to assist your mother and sister. Please contact me at 404-419-3625

Dawn Richardson
http://www.sellsatdawn.com
It would really all depend on their qualifications. When relocating to a new area and purchasing a home, there are several things to be aware of. All of the agencies (i.e. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD) have minimum requirements for time on the job and starting a new job.

For someone who is salaried or hourly, you generally must be employed at least 30 days with the current or new employer. This is due to the fact that a pay stub reflecting at least 30 days of YTD income is going to be required prior to closing.

If you are paid by anything other than a W-2 (i.e. a 1099, self employed, etc), then you must have 24 months of receipt of that type of income. Some exceptions are possible if your current employer switched your compensation from W-2 to 1099 or commission.

Closing on a mortgage prior to starting a new job with a new company is only considered on a case by case basis for certain fields. Generally, a non-revocable employer agreement confirming your new salary, position, and start date will be required.

Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
The first thing they need to do is to get qualified for a loan. I would be happy to talk with you regarding what would be the best possible loan option to apply for. Please give me a call at 404-696-9155.
I would recommend looking for an agent in the particular city they are moving to. Reach out, make contact and let them put you in contact with a local mortgage lender for a pre-approval so they know exactly how much home can afford.