Home Buying in Bayonne>Question Details

Jackie, Home Buyer in 07002

My loan is in fha underwriting. I have 2010 and 2012 tax returns. 2011 I made a mistake and failed to file. I mailed it in Oct and IRS says they

Asked by Jackie, 07002 Sun Dec 29, 2013

didn't recieve. I sent again but it may not show as filed in time for closing. Can i still get approved?

Answers

5
My Client had the same situation recently and we had to wait for them to file and the IRS to send back confirmation that the received it.
Best to check with your mortgage professional.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
You really should be discussing the issue with your loan officer....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
Yes, the loan officer AND your real estate agent needs to be made aware of and kept in the loop re: this problem. That said, however, THEY won't be able to resolve an IRS issue. Only the taxpayer can if this is holding things up.
Flag Sun Dec 29, 2013
Jackie, don't just contact IRS, call your local IRS Taxpayer Advocate's office and explain the circumstances and urgency of your need and ask them to investigate things for you. I once had to use them secondary to a similar problem and they were the ones who got things resolved. The New Jersey Advocates office is in Springfield and their number is 973-921-4043. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
FYI
We had to wait about 3 weeks for the IRS
Flag Wed Jan 1, 2014
Probably, but your closing will probably be delayed. Check with your loan officer and keep your Realtor in the loop so he/she can manage the delay for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
That's the problem. I cannot delay. It's a short sale and the bank gave an extension until Jan 17th and that's it. So the IRS had to have them in the system by that date. Can i work around it somehow?
Flag Sun Dec 29, 2013