Home Buying in Bakersfield>Question Details

Marisa Rivera, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

My landlord wants to sell the house im renting. and he says he will carry the loan. is that possible?

Asked by Marisa Rivera, Bakersfield, CA Sat Aug 3, 2013

Answers

3
Hi Marisa,

Assuming that your landlord owns the home free and clear its absolutely possible. I would just make sure understand the terms and the interest rate he is going to charge you. Sometimes that can get confusing if your not to familiar with mortgage loans. If you decide to take him up on it and need someone to run questions by feel free to contact me. Good luck!

Jenny
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 3, 2013
Marisa Rivera,

Yes it is possible, but be careful. Be sure you get some solid legal advice and review of any documents prior to singing any rent with option to buy, land contract, or purchase money mortgage with your landlord.
Hi Marisa,

Yes it is possible for the seller to carry the loan...but becareful. If you need further advise please call me direct, 661-809-3388

Anna