Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Christina Sa…, Home Buyer in 32086

My husbands credit score is around 580 but mine is 720, he is the only income earner.. what recommendations do you have for how we can buy a home?

Asked by Christina Sauls, 32086 Mon Dec 19, 2011

we are looking to move some time after June 2012
we want to be somewhere south of monument and east of Keran
he is a veteran
We will have about 5k for down payment/closings
looking for a house that costs no more than 100k

I have had Great Success with 5th 3rd Bank. Valerie Cook is the contact for your needs. There VA loans have no minimum Credit Score. However based on the time you have it would be good to get started. There may be a few things that you could do to help get his score up. Give her a call I know she would love to help you. You can reach her at 904-349-3409 or email valerie.cook@53.com. Hope this is helpful. If I can help you with the purchase of a home please give me a call.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 19, 2011
I know this is going on a month old, but I'm shocked no one mentioned a VA loan. As a veteran, your husband will most likely have benefits and VA has no minimum credit score requirement. My suggestion would be to find an experienced VA lender in your area and apply.
Work on your credit score. Talk to a good Mortgage person who can point you in the right direction.
Genevieve Ramachandran
Hi...y'our credit score doesn't seem too bad. I can recommend a mortgage broker to you...please send your contact information to me on my Facebook page.
I have had several buyers this year with that credit score and got financing its a little tougher but it can be done.Income,job time are important,whats keeping his score down might be a easy fix credit cards maxed out,medical collections etc.I have done mortgages years ago, I'm Realtor with a lot of knowledge.You can call me if you like I have a very good mortgage broker too.My cell# 904-566-2864 my email is marccameron7@yahoo.com
Contact a local Mortgage Broker like David Wakefield with Prime Lending Solutions and he can move you in the direction of making sure the credit score is not the only issue holding you back. He is to the point and leads my clients to home ownership.
The best thing for you to do is speak with a mortgage company on the different programs that they offer.
There are programs that do allow a lower credit score.

Please contact us either by phone or email and we will be happy to refer to a mortgage company that can specifically answer financing questions, with no obligation.

Please contact us to discuss further options that may be of assistance to you and to learn about our
"Buyer Rebate Program" that can give you money back at closing.
We are both life long residents of Jacksonville, and know the area and market very well.

You may email us at ninabay@comcast.net or call 904-553-8518 anytime.

Bill and Nina Bay,
Licensed Realtors®
Hestia Real Estate Services, Inc.
Web Reference: http://www.billandninabay.com
You are not in such a good situation. Your husbands credit score will dictate whether you can get a loan and/or the terms. I would suggest using a credit coach to work on getting his score up. I have an excellent program available that I can suggest. please call me at (904) 476-4777 - Leonard