Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Rebecca Gouge, Other/Just Looking in Jacksonville, NC

My husband is about to get out of the military and we are looking into moving to San Antonio/New Braunfels area rent or buy. Can anyone help?

Asked by Rebecca Gouge, Jacksonville, NC Thu Feb 7, 2013

We have lived in Base Housing or rented but we are thinking about buying a house but don't know where to start or what areas would be good. We have two small kids so I would love to buy/rent near a great elementary school.

Answers

13
All too easy!!!!

Step 1 - Go here: http://www.DHIMortgage.com/Kasey-Hampton - she has every down payment assistance program under the sun. She also offers the lowest interest rates in the whole state! I have never seen anyone even try and match her rates in 15 years. You can thank me later :)

Step 2 - I will pull you a detailed list of homes that fit exactly what you are looking for. I'll keep the list updated daily and alert you to new listings on the market, and anyone that drops their price. Let's start with the first search - all I need is your criteria and I will send you everything that fits.

Shoot me a text, e-mail, or give me a call when you can and I will do a more detailed search for you to narrow things down a bit.

Step 3 - once you have some homes picked out... let's go see them! That's the fun part!

My whole job in life is to get you the very best deal possible. Get the seller to come down on their price, make repairs, pay your closing costs, etc. And I am FREE TO YOU! You will love how aggressive I am.. if I can save you $5.00... I will ;)

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
. http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 7, 2013
Hi Rebecca,

I'm not sure if you have made your decision on which agent to use. If you're still searching I would be happy to assist you in the process of buying a home. I have worked with many military relocations in my 11 years of experience. I can recommend a few lenders and guide you through the process as well. If you have decided to rent I can also recommend an agent who works with rental properties.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Brenda Scott, Realtor
210.669.1618
Hi Rebecca -- Jacksonville, NC!! You must be a Marine family. Love it-- both my husband and I are retired Marines and were stationed at Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point.

San Antonio is a great town to retire in -- great military facilities and very friendly people. The city is large and there are many great areas and a ton of great elementary schools.

I work the entire city -- and would be more than happy to assist in any way. Call, email or text me.

Semper Fi!

Cindy Wilks
210-326-9757
Cindy@soldbywilks.com
Broker Associate, Keller Williams Realty
Platinum Top 50 Realtor
Rebecca

San Antonio/New Braunfels has lots of great elementary schools. The areas that surround them are fantastic as well.

As a retired Air Force disabled veteran, I am very familiar with all the benefits available to you and your husband. Please call me and we can discuss them.

I would love to help you relocate to this great area. My husband and I raised four children here.

Sincerely
Terri Saari

Terri Saari, Realtor®, Retired United States Air Force
Certified Relocation Specialist
Company Trainer
210-887-3477 Cell http://www.WelcomeHomeToSA.com
Texas' FIVE STAR Realtor 2012 and 2011 as seen in Texas Monthly
Platinum Top 50 Award Winner 2011/2012 Finalist
First, Thank you for your family's service. I would be honored to be of service to you as I have many other military families.

New Braunfels is a great central location whereas you can enjoy many of the benefits of both San Antonio and Austin.

Indeed buying is always a better plan economically. I will gladly connect you to the right financier to get you informed about all the different loan programs available to you.

I alway like to get to know people better so I can help them best. No need to waste your time on things that definitely will not work for you.

Please, read through my recommendations and if you care to contact any of them directly I will pass forward their information. I like to let my reputation speak for itself.

Contact me anytime. I am here to serve you.

Gregory Touchstone
210-060-2834
First, if you and your hubby are first time buyers, you will need to know what the VA Guidelines state regarding separating from active duty. Most lenders will require at least 1 year on your current enlistment in order to qualify for a VA loan unless he is retiring. There are other loan programs available, but I assume you want to take advantage of the $0 Down VA loan that is available to our honorably discharged Vets. I would contact a lender first, someone who specializes in government loans and particularly VA.

Best of Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.AFN-Loans.com
You can find your next home at http://www.JoseSellsSanAntonio.com
It is FREE and up to date.
Good luck!!!
Great place and time to buy! New Braunfels is agreat family friendly area as well as many other areas in and around San Antonio.
I am a wife of an AD AF and would love to assist in the transition/move.
Please let me know if I can help.
Hi Rebecca,

Your first step is to speak to an experienced Loan Officer. When a service member leaves the military, we have to be very clear about your husband's income whether it be a new civillian job or military retirement pay. I can help you with that. I work with a lot of great real estate agents in New Braunfels that can help you with your home search as well. Call me at your convenience.

Vino Alonzo
NMLS# 184279
Loan Officer
Castle & Cooke Mortgage, LLC
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com
Hi Rebecca,

I was born and raised in San Antonio but my husband is newly retired Army so I know how that goes! There are great homes in the area for you to look at! We chose Schertz, which has a highly rated school district and is conveniently located between San Antonio and New Braunfels. There are several other communities that are close by that you would want to consider as well. The interest rates are super low so you can get more home for your money than ever right now. Renting is also an option and I could show you any homes listed on the mls in any price range so you can compare the difference in value between renting and buying.

Call me anytime and I have several local lenders that are well versed in VA Loans (which require no down payment) to get in contact with and find out what you are qualified for!

Thanks so much,
Tiffany Stephens
210.683.7318
Hi Rebecca
First step is to find an experienced ethical loan officer who works for a lender that offers VA. Next gather all of the necessary information that will help you decide to buy or rent. This is the best time to buy that I have witnessed in 34 years of real estate. The next step if you decide to buy is finding and indentifying an experienced ethical real estate agent. Check out Your-Road-Home.com and you will find articles that will serve you well; Consultation, Interviewing Loan Officers and Interviewing Real Estate Agents. These people are crtical to your success and happily moving into your new home. The articles are numbered to guide you through an effective proven step by step process that will not only insure you find good people to work for you but will also guide you through learning your market so you find the best buys. If you follow the process it will not be necessary to take anyones opinion of value. Your will find and know you have found the best buys and so nicest homes. Good Luck
Rebecca
There are some great neighborhoods with very good schools. Can get you close to a base also. One is near Ft. Sam Base. I can send you some lists to look through if you like.

Call, email or text me and we will talk about your needs.
Tabitha
210-414-4255
tabitha@kingrealtors.com
Rebecca,
New Braunfels is a great place to live and work. The schools are great and there are lots of activities always happening. If you can give me a call I will be happy to talk with you about the area and we can discuss the first step which would be talking to a lender to get a pre-qualification.
Vince
210-722-6243