Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

meggiebrie, Home Buyer in Ventura, CA

My husband has offices in Ventura and City of Industry. We are currently trying to decide if we should buy in Ventura or around the Pasadena area.

Asked by meggiebrie, Ventura, CA Fri Oct 25, 2013

Commuting would not be an issue as he can work in either office. What are some areas around Pasadena (including areas of Pasadena) that would be good for a family (good public schools, fun things to do, etc.) Or, in terms of real estate should we just stay in Ventura? Our budget is around $800k and we need at least three bedrooms. Thanks!

Answers

8
That's quite a distance and very different areas. It really depends upon what you enjoy. Ventura has the beaches and I think for your budget you will do better in Ventura or Camarillo.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
both good, depends on what you are looking for
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
It all depends on how much time your husband would spend in Ventura , the commute would not be very nice from Pasadena,but a close drive to the city of Industry.If you spent a majority of your time in Ventura that would be a great area to live ! Good Luck !
Meggie, Old Town Pasadena near the Rose Bowl has become a magnet with a wide variety of activities and social experiences. Home prices in the immediate area vary widely, but we should be able to find something that suits your tastes. Other cities along the 210 corridor could also work - Glendale, South Pasadena, Arcadia, Monrovia, even Bradbury. Call me if you decide to start your search surrounding Pasadena. Only you can decide which area works bests for your family and their interests. Good Luck and I hope to hear from you. Bill Mota
TRY ARCADIA, MONROVIA ETC.

South Pasadena and Monterey Hills are nice areas where you could find properties that fit your search criteria and price range.

Send me your email address to JamieTian@RodeoRE.com or give me a call at (310) 717-1321 and I would be happy to answer any additional questions you might have and send you a list of properties currently on the market in these areas with 3 bedrooms and under $800,000.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
http://www.JamieTian.com
BRE #01920120
Web Reference: Http://www.jamietian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 25, 2013
Montrose is probably the best. Do you have a real estate agent that would be able to answer this and the many more questions you are going to have during the buying process?

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Hey,

Good areas around Pasadena are La Crescenta, Glendale, Montrose, Pasadena, and some of the small areas east of Pasadena. If you have children, my best advice is sticking to a good school district if you plan on your kids attending private school. With up to 800k, you can easily get a very nice home in those areas. I personally love Montrose or La Crescenta with its small town feel, nice homes, and great old town area and weekly farmers market and monthly events in Montrose on Honolulu St. The street is charming with restaurants and many things to do for the family. Its a quick drive over the 210 freeway to Pasadena and excellent blue ribbon schools.

I would love to help you look for a home and I also offer a commission rebate through escrow which can help cover your closing costs. Feel free to contact me anytime, 818-426-1700

Thanks!
Erik
Erik Bottema, Realtor
http://www.SoCalCashbackRealty.com
Meridian Capital Real Estate
BRE #01934638

Cell: (818) 426-1700
email: edbottema@gmail.com
607 Foothill Blvd #311, La Canada,
CA 91012

Serving All of Southern
California and offering buyers rebates on most
transactions! Your
Best and Trusted Source for Homes & Investment
Properties!
Flag Fri Oct 25, 2013