Tiffanie N T…, Home Buyer in Haltom City, TX

My husband and i are looking to purchase a home and have bad credit

Asked by Tiffanie N Tony Ruiz, Haltom City, TX Sat Jul 7, 2012

Answers

9
Tiffanie,

A lot of people think their credit is worse than it actually is. I would be happy to talk with you and see what your options are. Please give me a call and we can put together a game plan to help you achieve your dreams of home ownership.

Thank You,
John Reaves
817-789-5542 (cell)
817-920-7700 (office) http://www.cowtownhomesales.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 7, 2012
Define bad.
Do you know your scores?
Did you go thru a rough patch and that is over now?
Do you have any positive credit that survived the bad times? Credit cards, auto loans?

I have a free ebook about credit that you can have by simply emailing me and asking for it.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 7, 2012
Tom that is awesome! Could you email it to me as well to have on hand in the office? Email me at katlyn57@msn.com. THANKS!
Flag Sat Jul 7, 2012
It seems really funny that people who have a low credit score don't do anything about it when they have been offered good advice. This is what I have experienced over the years. It is really a question of establishing good habit patterns, and using smart financial management techniques.

Tiffanie: You have been given some really good advice in this column. I certainly hope you have called someone, because you didn't call me!

Take a moment and give an expert a chance to assist you. I have been dealing with real estate loans and credit issues for over 32 years. I know what to do to help you with your situation! So give me a call and we'll get started on it. But if you keep doing what you've been doing, yoiu'll keep getting what you've been getting.

Rick DeVoss

817-300-6121

rickdevoss@realtor.com

==================
Hi Tiffanie
You have a lot of great answers here. I hope you take the time to get a copy of your credit report and review what is on it before you do anything else. Ask yourself why your credit is "bad". Are the circumstances behind your current credit situation behind you, or are these factors still going on today. Before you look at buying or meeting with a mortgage lender, you should take time to evaluate your position yourself. Buying a home is a huge financial undertaking, if your credit situation is not behind you trying to buy a home will end up just costing you money and getting you no where. All that said, I hope you are heading towards a better place financially now. If you are in a better place today, find a very good lender and be prepared to spend some time working through your credit, in the end you will end up with your dream home. Good luck to you.

John Straub
Keller William
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com
http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info
Dear Tiffanie,

You are going to get lots of different answers and advice from people. But you really need to sit down and talk to an expert about your personal situation. You want to know the techniques you can use to improve your scores, and outline a plan to achieve your goals. I can help you do just that!

I have 32 years experience selling houses in your area. I live nearby. I am a Certified Instructor in Credit Repair. I specialize in helping first-time home buyers. And I know a good loan officer who has some software on his computer that will show you exactly what is needed to get approved for a loan.

When we have our free consultation, I will show you the steps you need to take to bring the FICO scores up to the level you want them to be. I will show you how to get a copy of your own credit report so that your score is not lowered by another "inquiry." And I will give you an outlne of the steps required to purchase a house so you can follow it from A to Z. ---All of my customers have been very satisfied, and I recently helped a young couple purchase a house who thought their credit was so bad they would never get one. We made it work!

Contact me for an appointment, and I'll show you what needs to be done. Free of charge.

Rick DeVoss

---ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

rickdevoss@realtor.com

==================
I would put your home buying on hold and find a lender to work with and get your credit back on track. Unless you want to do an owner finance and pay a lot of fees (which you can do) I would just work on understanding and getting your credit moving in the right directions. It may take a year or longer but that is the first step you really need to take. Lenders are more picky now than anytime in history. While loans can get done with credit below 600 it is very difficult.

Work on getting your credit up to a 640 or better and you going to qualify for most FHA programs with a fantastic interest rate.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
In today’s lending environment, credit issues can be resolved in a timely manner if you work with a company who has a successful track record in repairing credit, showing you the results as they are achieved and bases the charges for their service based on your personal needs versus a “cookie cutter” program which is basically, “one size fits all”.
This year I have successfully closed three transactions after placing my customer is credit repair with Rising Point Solutions located in Grapevine, Texas. One of my clients required 6 months in the program and the other 2 benefited from a 12 month program. Credit scores raised from the mid 500’s to mid 700’s.
There is a sense of urgency in working on this situation. Congress is considering enacting a law where all medical bills would be included in the mortgage lender’s approval for your loan. Currently medical bills are a non-factor.
Please contact me for specific information based on your needs. I am willing to help you achieve your goal in purchasing a home from credit repair to finding the perfect home.

Take care and best wishes,

Lucy A. Puniwai
REALTOR®
(214)783-6416 - Cell/TEXT
(682-224-8050 – Fax

puniwai@fathomrealty.com
http://WWW.puniwai.fathomdallas.com/agents/6440-Lucy-Puniwai
Unless you have the cash to pay for your purchase - which most people do not - then you'll need to get a loan. And it sounds like you need to do some credit repair. Begin by getting a copy of your credit report, paying all past due balances, and keeping up with current bills for a minimum of 6 months. Focus on paying down your debt. If you can not afford to pay off those you already owe, then you really can't afford to be a homeowner just yet. If you can't keep up with your current bills for 6 months without missing a payment, then you're not ready to be a homeowner.
Standard lender practice is approx. 625 credit score. Recommend to clear your credit then apply for a loan

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas