sheila.louis, Home Buyer in 32818

My husband and I would like to buy a home but our credit scores are poor. We make 57,000 a year but do not know where to begin, please help.

Asked by sheila.louis, 32818 Tue Nov 27, 2012

Answers

5
First thing you should do is meet with a loan officer at a local bank to find out what your options are. Another option would be to contact a mortgage broker. Mortgage brokers have access to multiple different lenders as well as know all types of different programs that may work for you.

Sometimes, a good loan officer or mortgage broker will give you advice to raise your credit score, if you are unable to purchase right now because of the poor scores. There are a lot of easy things that can be done to help improve low scores, so that if you can't purchase now, you will be able to purchase in the near future.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore do visit with any licensed loan officer; a determination on qualification can only be made after he/she reviews your financials in entirety...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
You should start by meeting with a local and trusted loan officer who can porequailify you at no cost and let you know what type of mortgages may be available.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
-
Unless paying cash, since nothing closes without the loan, best to contact someone like me in advance to get pre-qualified.

Review these loan programs here below and then call me with the ones you are interested in learing more about:

http://www.pro-option.com

--
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
By all means meet with a loan officer but since you already know your scores are poor that probably won't help. I suggest doing a rent-to-own or lease/option (two names for the same thing) for a time period that will give you time to improve your credit enough to qualify for the mortgage to buy the house.

As you might suspect, I do this and would be glad to talk with you. E-mail George at praycf@juno.com.