Home Buying in Ormond Beach>Question Details

Lisa Depta, Home Buyer in Ormond Beach, FL

My husband and I want to move to the Ormond Beach our credit score in under 600. Is it impossible to get an FHA loan? Thank you

Asked by Lisa Depta, Ormond Beach, FL Sat Mar 31, 2012

Answers

5
Your best bet might be to purchase a manufactured home... they are built sturdier then a single family home and can withstand much more (I mean, after all... they are built in a factory and then transported by truck and then placed on a lot, which is quite a lot, but they are sturdy and built to thrive and survive). Most manufactured homes... ex.... there is one in particular at 6 Rainbow Falls Drive, Ormond Beach, FL 32174 (a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home on the lake, split level, with 2 lanais on the water, ceramic tile, berber carpet, plantation shutters, etc.. List price is $34,900 (no, I am not a salesperson... I have looked at this home just like others and am considering maybe a purchase down the road... and maybe you should to...) but the main point I am making is about how well they are constructed versus a single family home, with no HOA, club dues, or taxes, and some folks will even hold a mortage on them without going through a bank at all. This may be very helpful in your case. In my opinion, its not all about the money someone charges for their manufactured home, but its what you get for the money. Ormond Beach, Florida (minutes from Daytona Beach) is a sleepy town and very quiet and tranquil. Just thought I would try to help. Frankly, no one would give us a mortgage because of our low credit scores also, below 600, and I can relate to what you are going through. Most folks will not hold paper/mortgage on a manufactured home however, BUT some will (I know 6 Rainbow Falls will and some others), but again, it beats renting an apartment because you will own it, and there is no better place I know then Ormond Beach for peace, tranquility, trees, nature, and stores and schools within minutes. Good luck in your search.
If you are over 55 - even just one of you, there are some great buys in mobile homes in the area. I have a nice one bedroom mobile home for sale for only $3000. Its really nice. If you are moving here to find a job - don;t there are no jobs here.
Please send me an e-mail for more confidential discussion of your finances and I can recommend lenders that can help repair your credit with their help or as a help yourself version and then they will have something to work with to get you qualified.

Just send an e-mail to me at
relocateisapieceofcake@gmail.com
Here is the best Central Florida Mortgage person to speak with regarding your loan.
Chris Brown | 407.367.2974 Certified Mortgage Planners.
He is rated among the top 40 mortage professionals in the United States.
You can also visit http://www.freescenarioreview.com for more information.
Best of luck.
Skip
It is possible in Washington State where I work and I'm pretty sure it would be in Florida. Not all lenders will do this so you will have to call around or hopefully someone from Florida will answer your question and give you a name. I would just keep asking this question on Trulia until you find your answer.