Marie, Renter in Joliet, IL

My husband and I visited a new builders office, I signed the register card with my name on it ,but he will be on the loan can we still use a agent?

Asked by Marie, Joliet, IL Tue Jul 10, 2012

My husband name is not on the register card. Also can we still use a agent since he will be the only one on the loan?

Answers

3
Most builders will honor a realtor after a initial visit because of fearing the loss of the sale. I have many years of experience with new construction, Feel free to contact me at 815-436-4192 or 815-347-4203. Also, you can e-mail me at djhresults@comcast.net. Dave Hennessey Broker, Krueger Realthy.
It depends on the builder. I have found if the buyer wants an agent, and holds firm on it, the builder isn't going to sacrifice the sale by not offering "standard" commission to that buyers agent.
Using an agent with a builder is a good idea - but only an agent who can be of help. Builders mostly deal with Realtors on a first contact basis. If you did not come in with one, they will likely not allow you to use one. Builder reps will likely remember you, as there are not that many people coming into their offices these days.

However, if you are buying, everything is negotiable. There are quite a few things you could use help with when dealing with a builder. It will save you money in the long run.

I worked for builders for 15 years and can help you with the ins and outs. Please feel free to give me a call.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Marketing Consultants, Inc.
888-788-9544
suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com