Home Buying in Marrero>Question Details

Kendra Gomez, Home Buyer in 01741

My husband and I trying to buy our first home. My score is 555 and his is 520. We are looking to buy in Lafitte, La. & need financing. Please

Asked by Kendra Gomez, 01741 Mon Aug 9, 2010

help.

Answers

3
Kendra - I really have to second what Don said.

What you need right now is not financing, but to work on those scores & repair that credit..... come up with a budget to get out of debt, and save money........ and a way to get those scores up. Saving for a down payment, as well as having some savings as a cushion, is really important, as there is more to home ownership than just paying the mortgage and taxes.

Don't even try to put yourself on financial thin ice until you have a solid foundation.

Best wishes........
Work on your credit scores and your financial management skills first. There will still be plenty of homes available in 1-2 years. At that point, if you work on your credit scores and spending patterns, you shouldn't have as much difficulty as you're having now.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Have you already spoken with a bank lender? There are several good mortgage brokers on this website. Also, call around to different banks and begin the home loan process. You may find some difficulty obtaining a reasonable mortgage with lower credit scores, but dont give up!! A lot of lenders can give you ideas on how to begin a repair process on your credit!!

Best of Luck!!