Home Buying in Sacramento>Question Details

renabellnew, Renter in Rancho Cordova, CA

My husband (70) and I (66) recently married and both on Social Security. We want to very badly buy a used mobile home in a senior only park.

Asked by renabellnew, Rancho Cordova, CA Mon Sep 17, 2012

Are there options to rent to buy these mobile homes if we can't qualify to buy outright?

Help the community by answering this question:


The first thing you need to do is contact the park manager for the monthly rent/lease and related cost info. You'll have to be approved by the manager anyway and they'll have all the cost info. However, be aware that mobile homes built before June 15, 1976 may contain some very harmfull and unhealthy chemicals i.e. asbestos, formaldahyde, etc.

I'd get a thorough inspection by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector. There's are several nuances about a manufactured home you need to consider as well. Does the home have earthquake braces? What's the condition of the pier and pad support system under the home? Is the vapor barrier and insulation in tact and free from rips and tears. Is the home dry underneath? Is it in a flood plain?

If it is a PRE HUD HOME, built before June 15, 1976 you may want to consider removing the old trailer/mobilehome and replaceing it with a new HUD Manufactured Home.

We don't service that area but we've been in the manufactured home business for 30 years and would be happy to answer any questions you may have at no charge. Feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites:

http://www.onthelevelcontractors.com http://www.mh-processors.com http://www.chadofalltrades.com http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com http://www.tagrealestatesales.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2012
Try this company http://www.loanjunction.com/. They specialize in mobile home loans.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
There can be, but more common is owner financing.

The first thing you want to do is make sure you qualify income wise for the park you want to live in. Visit the park manager and pick up an application and ask them what the requirements are, what the space rent is.

Sometimes there are for sale by owners units in many parks, do a drive thru and check bulletin boards. You can also use a real estate agent or mobile home dealer to help you look.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer