Home Buying in Anthem>Question Details

Holly, Home Buyer in Anthem, AZ

My husband and I plan to retire in two years. I love Anthem however.

Asked by Holly, Anthem, AZ Sat Aug 15, 2009

I'm at an age where I have no interest in the parks and community centers and would perfer not to pay association fees. Would love to have a large lot with a home of about 1,500 sqft with pool. Is this request possible in Anthem?

Answers

3
Judith Preston’s answer
Holly, Great Place To Retire! However, HOA fees are manadatory - A well managed HOA provides more than amenities - Anthem's HOA has guidelines you must adhere to - Protecting your investment - Exterior painting needs to be approved- (you won't find a pink and turquoise exterior painted home in Anthem!) - parking off-street over night, landscaping guidelines, addition guidelines - etc.
There are many models that offer the approximate square footage you mentioned. Today, homes that are priced right are selling quickly -
I have been in Anthem since October 1999 - Great place to be!
Yes, you can buy a home in Anthem with a pool, The problem would be that according to your infomation you would prefer not to pay association fees. Anywhere in Anthem you would have to pay $78.00 in Parkside, to approx $224.00 per month. in Country Club. There are areas around Anthem like Tramonto that have less that $50.00 mo HOA dues. As well as other areas near by that don"t charge HOA. I noticed this question was from Aug 2009. Are you still wanting to buy in this area or have you already done so?
Hi, Holly ... to clarify, you want to live in Anthem but not pay the homeowners association fees?

Unfortunately, that's not a possibility ... Anthem is master planned and all of the properties in the community are deed restricted to include the homeowners' association.

Most newer construction in the Phoenix area is going to be within a homeowners' association. Many of the municipalities here are requiring an HOA of builders to lower the city's cost for code maintenance.

Good luck with your search!