Home Buying in Fairfield>Question Details

robertabloom, Home Buyer in Fairfield, CT

My husband and I live on Long Island and my son and his family live in Greenfield Hill area at the ridge. We are looking for a home close to my son's.

Asked by robertabloom, Fairfield, CT Wed Jul 3, 2013

We would like something with a first floor master and amenities so that we can "age" in place. Is there anything available nearby and what would be a good starting price?

Answers

11
Lauren Dunne’s answer
Hi Roberta,
I would be happy to show you the available homes in the area. I have lived in Fairfield for 28 years and know the town very well. Please feel free to email or call me to let me know your specific interests and needs in a home.
Lauren L. Dunne
Prudential CT Realty
272 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880
Member: NAR, CAR, MFCAR
laurendunne@prudentialct.com
Cell: 203.209.2301
Fax: 203.227.5619 (please use cover sheet)
http://www.laurendunne.prudentialct.com
Hi Roberta,

There are a handful of communities within a 4 mile radius of your son that offer first floor masters with some amenities, like grounds maintenance, pool, tennis, etc. Those currently on the market range from about $275k to $800k. With a "sweet spot" around $400k I'd say that would be a good place to start, depending on your needs, wants and resources.

I can send you some recent sales to peruse, and am available to meet in person for a no obligation buyer consultation. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you!
Sam
----------------------
Samuel Gabe
Licensed Realtor®
Halstead Property
t: 203.656.6518 | c: 203.856.8399 | f: 203.840.1524
sgabe@halstead.com
Hi Roberta--I know exactly the area you're looking for. If I can be of help to you, please let me know.
Mary Ann Laurita, Prudential CT Realty
HI Roberta,
Just checking in to see if you are all set with a realtor (or maybe you even found a home by now)! If I can be of any help, please let me know. I have lived in Fairfield for 18 years and would love to be of help to you if you are still in need.
Take care,
Shari
Hi Roberta,

To effectively help you need a great buyer consultation...there are about a 100 other questions to ask and hear the answers...area and price are 2...knowing all your goals is needed to find you your home. Also is it a cash purchase, or financed if financed you need to get preapproved.. Do you have a home to sell, time frame, etc. I am here to help.

Howard C. Fritz
The Fritz Group

Associate Partner
Short Sale Inner Circle
eXp Realty
Tel/fax: 888-873-9996
http://www.HappyHomeSellers.com

Licensed in Ct and NY
Hi Roberta,

I think from the answers to date, you'll see some very viable options. You should also love the taxes in CT as opposed to the Island!

Jay Cooke
There are numerous properties in the area that fit your needs but a more thorough understanding of your lifestyle needs and tastes would better direct us to a good starting point. Pleae contact me directly at 203 255 2019 and we can chat.

Walter
Hi Roberta,
My firm, The Higgins Group, has the only real estate office in Greenfield Hill and I know The Ridge well. I toured a home for sale there last Thursday that has a first floor master. You did not indicate a price cap or any other criteria so I need more info to give you appropriate suggestions. Please call me at 203-218-6664 or email me at Lisa@LisaJones.com.
Many Thanks and what an exciting transition lies ahead for you and your family!
Lisa Jones
Robert, there are several surrounding towns to Ridge and prices vary significantly. The best thing you can do is link with a local Realtor and use him/her to help you locate the right property. I would be more than happy to recommend someone I trust if you'd like, simply message me and I'll send you all contact info. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
Hi Roberta,

I've lived in the Greenfield Hill area of Fairfield for 15 years. Visit my blog, Living & Loving Greenfield Hill for some fun facts on the area and updated real estate information. http://livingandlovinggh.com/

There are some lovely neighborhoods close by to Greenfield Hill that will be more affordable and not the 2+ acres of land to care for that is the norm for a Greenfield Hill address. I would be happy to meet with you or talk on the phone about your interests and needs and we could take it from there.

My husband and I moved all over the country with our boys before finally settling in Fairfield. I understand the bittersweet emotions that come with making a move like this, so I would welcome the opportunity to help make this transition a good one for you.

All the Best,

Pam Foarde
203-257-9110
pamf@afahomes.com
Al Filippone Associates/William Raveis Real Estate
28 Reef Rd.
Fairfield, CT 06824
I'd be happy to research currently available homes meeting your needs in Fairfield and the surounding area, so you can be close to your son. Please contact me directly at jeff.turner@cbmoves.com, or cell 203-981-6398. I look forward to hearing more specifics of your search, and helping you find a great home.