Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Michele, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

My husband and I live in New York with our 2 children. We are looking to purchase a home (vacation). We are looking for something reasonably cheap.

Asked by Michele, Jacksonville, FL Mon Jul 30, 2012

Since this is not going to be our primary residence it can be a small 2 bedroom house. We are looking for something under 70,000 in a decent neighborhood. I realize this may not get us much (if at all anything) but its worth a shot. Any feedback would be helpful. No particular area, just a safe one.

Answers

9
Gary Gagnon’s answer
Will you be renting out the house when not in town or leaving it vacant. I personally would purchase a furnished house in an area zoned for short term rental so you can let other people on vacation pay your bills while you are not using the property. Gary Gagnon of Orlando Florida
You can definitley buy a vacation house for that price in Jacksonville, have you thought about a condo they're cheaper and less maintenance??? Wish you the best!
Well you can always check http://www.coj.net ans check the crime reports. Since you said this is a vacation home i thought you might like something near the beach. I have include some below please feel free to contact me about any of them I have lived at the beach since I was youngster (1968) Chek the link below.
Hi Michele,
Do you want a single family home or townhome? You will have more options with a townhome, plus no maintenance which may be desirable. Your timing is good, as prices are starting to rise here.

You can definitely find a condo here under $70,000 and close to the beach. If I were buying a vacation home, that's where I would want to be - somewhere between the beach and St. Johns Town Center.

Or, you could go down to St. Augustine area or up to Fernandina Beach, but that is a little more remote but beautiful.

If you would like a custom search where you can search like an agent, please let us know. and we will set it up.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Sharon H. Alters
Coldwell Banker Vanguard
904-673-2308
sharon@teamalters.com
Hi Michelle,

The Market here has been picked clean but new product hits daily. All I need is your email address and I'll start sending listings your way to view. I look forward to working with you.

Have a Great Day

John Breen
904 349 0082
johnbreen@bellsouth.net
Michelle as you mentioned this will be a second home purchase, for you price will be your biggest obstacle to overcome there are a few homes out there for you but it will be challenging. Feel free to visit my website http://www.buyjaxhomes.com. There you will find out about me and finding the perfect home for you. When interviewing agents please make sure to ask a couple of key questions. 1. How long have you been representing clients in home purchases? 2. How many homes do you close on annual basis? 3. Do you work full time in real estate. These are 3 key questions to make sure you get a full time full service agent who will work for and REPRESENT you as a single agent.

Regards
Fred Conley
Your price range may work best in the condo market. This may also be best for you because someone will be maintaining the property year round but that also includes monthly HOA fees. I would be glad to help you and your family find your vacation home in Jacksonville! Contact me for more info.
Victoria Thompson
Weichert Relators Hometown First
904-891-7892
VThompson3888@gmail.com
http://www.VictoryWithVictoria.com
Michele its not realistic to get something nice and cheap.

Happy to set up a search for you in Greater Fort Myers but you need to be able to write an offer quickly as everybody is jumping on property here.

Send me an email directly if interested

Kevin@kevincloutier.com
'Michele its not realistic to get something nice and cheap.' So I guess I should not bother to waste my time? We did consider Condo's however we were considering the association fees ,which combined with the loan payment can be quite costly for us. We already have a home in New York that we are paying a mortgage, taxes etc . This is why we were considering something in the lower range, but if it is not realistic than I guess we should not waste our time.
Flag Mon Jul 30, 2012
I can help you out, send you some properties to consider. Feel free to see a little bit about me here: http://www.roundtablerealty.com/agents/howard-flaschen/

shoot me an email at Howard@Roundtablerealty.com and I can send you some new properties to see. :)