posey4015, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

My husband and I both are still paying on student loans, could we still buy a home?

Asked by posey4015, Atlanta, GA Thu May 9, 2013

Answers

4
Student loans can help because they report to the credit bureaus. The key is that they be current and without any recent late payments. However, just as any other debt the payment is considered in your debt-to-income ratio, even if they are deferred. Sometimes we get lost in the jargon/language, the DTI and PITI, but just know that credit is either good or bad. It just depends on your payment history and how much you can afford.
More than likely yes as long as your score is sufficient and your debt to income ratio does not disqualify you.
It is best to get pre-qualified for a mortgage and the loan officer can look at your credit and tell you what you need to do if anything.
Yes...they'll be taken into consideration...if your DTI works you should be fine :)