C718jsantos, Renter in Gurnee, IL

My husband and I are wanting to buy a house but don't know where to start because our credit is not that great. How to fix credit?

Asked by C718jsantos, Gurnee, IL Tue Aug 6, 2013

Answers

14
Thank you for all your replies.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 8, 2013
If you are still in the market to purchase, I can offer options with credit scores down to 580 w/ 3.5% down. If you are putting 10% down, I can offer options down to 550 scores. Call me if you would like to discuss. Thank you.
Larry Bernstein, American Financial Network, (847) 815 - 8229
Start by having a sit down meeting with a mortgage broker. They can check your credit score and offer practical guidance on how to repair/raise the score as quickly as possible.

If you do not have a mortgage banker, I suggest starting with the local bank you use. FYI - It can benefit you great to shop around.

So this is almost a year old, did you get things improved? Have you bought a home?
The market is still pretty active and there are some great opportunities out there for buyers.
I have a team of people that can provide you the help you may need to turn your credit around and start you on the journey to home ownership. Credit scores are a vital part of getting the process started. Contact me if you still need some help and coaching.
Helping everyday people, everyday.
C718jsantos: Congratulations on your decision to buy .. and to take steps to improve your Credit. As you do not state what your Credit Scores are or what issues you might be facing, it would be hard to supply too much detail here as to how to improve it. If we could talk in more detail and you can provide me a bit more info, I'd be better able to assist you, direct you towards credit repair, and ultimately buying a home.
At your convenience, please contact me. I'll be happy to assist as best I can,
Gene
Web Reference: http://www.genemundt.com
Your 1st step should be to get pre-approved for your purchase so you know how much you can afford. Most realtors will not move forward until you are pre-approved.
This is a quick, free, no obligation process. I can do it for you this a.m. and have it ready for you in the afternoon. I can be reached at 708-975-8884 or at n.coleman@comcast.net
My name is Neil Coleman and I am with Mid America Mortgage.
I think often too much focus on the credit score. Also important to know your debt to income, DTI, having employment stability and consistent earnings and cash reserves. Lenders dont like independent contractors and stright commission income or job changes. So fix your credit and save money, avoid job hopping, and avoid large purchases like new cars that hurt your DTI.

Good Luck

John Walin
Trulia PRO VIP
847 276-0120 mobile/text
You can also try http://www.BetterQualified.com, great site for credit repair.

Chris
Congrats on taking the step of becoming a home owner, i am able to do FHA loans down to a 580 score here in Illinois, still only 3.5% down.

Riccardo Wardlow
Owner
Quality Mortgage Lending
630-670-8266

RATED A+ WITH THE BBB

*We do Conventional loans down to a 620 score
*We do FHA loans down to a 580 score
*We do USDA loans down to a 620 score (no money down)
*We do $100 down payment FHA program
*Unlimited Loan To Value refinances on Fannie/Freddie refinances (only on loans originated before May 31st 2009
*We do VA loans down to a 620 score
*We give free counseling on what needs to be done to improve your credit score.
*We do 203k loans down to a 620 score
*We do reverse mortgages
*We do JUMBO loans to 12 million
*We do Itin loans
Hi: All of the other agents have given you great suggestions. An experienced mortgage banker is your best start, and I agree completely- Angela Remeeus is wonderful. The causes for the lower score can make a difference.
There is also a rent option that is very useful. It allows you to find the home, it purchased outright, but you then rent it from the investor for a year. You also have the option to extend the lease for a total of 5 years, but anytime during that time you can purchase the home from the investment company,
Feel free to e-mail me for more information. joellen@joellenshomes.com
Yes, the first step for you is to contact a lender. They can review your credit with you and help to determine what steps to take to improve your borrowing power. After that, and once you know a price range you will be qualified for, is the time to contact a Realtor.

I am a buyers agent and specialize in first time home buyers, so if you have any questions along the way please feel free to contact me.

Debbie Bakanec
Managing Broker
Market Leader Realty
847-337-2988

Feel free to contact us here at Diamond Residential Mortgage we are headquartered in Gurnee Illinois but have offices nationwide.

We have a vast variety of mortgage programs and products that could allow you to qualify in the near future.

The reason for our success is working step by step with you throughout the process of getting prepared for a mortgage (credit repair) and also throughout the process of going forward with a pre-approval.

Feel free to contact me at your convenience to have a free credit evaluation completed.

Chris Diamond
NMLS: 771882
Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation
3701 E. Grand Ave Ste E
Gurnee, IL 60031

847-775-2181
chris.diamond@thedrmc.com
Personally licensed in IL, WI, & FL
I send my buyers with no-so-perfect credit to a loan officer that I like to use. She can't fix it for you, but she can at least give you advice on where to start.
Her name is Angela Remeeus with Provident Mortgage. The main number there is 847 816-0066. She's very down to earth and trustworthy. Just yesterday she was helping a buyer of mine out with things that needed to be cleaned up on her credit report.
Give her a call and see what she can do for you.

Good luck:)
Please call me at my office # 847 498 9566 and I'll be happy to look into it.

Peter Schifrin
Home Lending Specialist
Citibank, N.A.