Home Buying in East Haven>Question Details

Readytomove, Home Buyer in East Haven, CT

My husband and I are trying to condense homes and move halfway between his business (owned in NYC) and my job (southeastern Rhode Island). I live in

Asked by Readytomove, East Haven, CT Sat Jun 11, 2011

a small, ocean-front community, and would like something similar. He would like some land (1/2 acre or more). We've been looking online at east haven and west haven. Any pros/cons from people who knows those areas? (He owns his business and can cut his commute down to three (no more than four) days per week. I will be commuting five days a week and have to be in work by 7:00 a.m. Is this doable?

Answers

6
Want a trustworthy lender with excellent customer service?

Want a low rate in addition to low fees or no fees?

Want to close quickly?

Want access to decision makers that use common sense underwriting?

Please keep me in mind for any of your mortgage needs or questions. I have an A+ rating on the BBB and some of the lowest deliverable rate and fee combinations in the country. If you are interested in an honest and highly recommended Mortgage Pro please contact me.

Home of the 30 day purchase guarantee!

Fritz Walter
VP of Retail Sales
Toll free: 800-359-1996 x551
Direct: 203-783-4551
Email: fwalter@totalmortgage.com
Alt email: fritz@post.Harvard.edu
NMLS ID: 387922
Visit my webpage: http://www.totalmortgage.com/bankers/fritz-walter/
Company Website: http://www.totalmortgage.com
Total Mortgage Services, LLC - NMLS #2764
Licensed in: CT, FL, MD, NJ, NC, SC, TX, VA
House for sale on Gloria place east haven. Awesome area. All our neighbors are very nice and its only two mins. From 1-95.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Thanks for all the answers. We'll certainly take your ideas into consideration. We were thinking about East Haven and West Have because they had coastal areas and are about half-way between the business and my job. Thank you.
Hi Readytomove

I am an agent specializing in the beautiful shoreline area of CT. I would like to suggest that you look at Old Lyme/Old Saybrook towns as possibilities in your home search. Both towns have much charm and retain the style and character of the special and unique mix of New England and waterfront/beach houses.

Old Lyme is about a 5 minute drive from Old Saybrook. It is in Old Saybrook that you will find the Amtrak station which could be the answer to your commuting quandry - this would make easy access to NYC for your husband and also you to RI (depending on where you are working of course) otherwise it is a straight-forward commute on the I-95.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to send you some wonderful shoreline properties in this very special area of CT.

Anne Astley
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Old Lyme
Cartus Relocation Specialist
2011 Excellence Award Winner - Platinum
Web Reference: http://www.anneastley.com
Hello Readytomove,
Have you considered Milford, Guilford, Madison, Clinton or Old Saybrook CT? I suggest checking these towns out along Long Island Sound as they may have properties with some land and are somewhat equally between your two commuting routes.
Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
The best suggestion I have is Westerly RI. RI is such a great state with lots of out door activities and its much less expensive then the areas closer to NY. I would deal with the commute and enjoy the laid back RI life style!