Home Buying in Windsor>Question Details

Jdconyers, Home Buyer in Windsor, CO

My husband and I are thinking about relocating to the Windsor, Loveland, Fort Collins sea. We are looking for a patio home. Any advice.?

Asked by Jdconyers, Windsor, CO Thu Sep 27, 2012

From my internet research, it appears patio homes are priced higher. Can anyone give me insight into the pricing of a patio home versus a stand alone ranch home.

Answers

14
Patio Homes may come with small to large sf and with HOA maintenance of the property and/or recreation amenities. The patio homes can vary from 1600 sf on the main floor to 2200 sf and with the lower floor down finished or unfinished. In our patio home we have 2800 sf finished with 2200 sf on the main floor. The HOA maintenance fee is $85/month for all outside maintenance year round. In our development their are large conservation land sections through the development and we have two lakes, one a state Park lake and the other a large private lake. The large state lake (Boyd) has trails, beaches and a marina within 5 minute walk.

Some patio homes are tied to pools and recreation areas others golf courses. Their HOA fee are greater.

In recent time the patio homes have become popular due to low maintenance and large sf and the ability to lock them up and travel to the mountains or other areas with less worry than a full house on its own ground. I hope that helps a little...John
I don't know if this helped the poster, but it certainly helped me! Thank you!

Will Jenkins | http://www.5135540000.com/pool-and-spa-warehouse-patio-furniture-s/50.htm
Flag Thu Jun 5, 2014
Other great communities in this area that have great patio homes are Highland Meadows Golf Course and Ptarmigan both golf course communities and closer to highway access than Water Valley if that is something you are in need of I live and specialize in Higland Meadows for home sales...please contact me if you would like some more information regarding these areas, I am happy to help!
Good Day, just an update today 2-5-14...we are selling Patio Homes in Water Valley South and if you think it is something you might be interested in...please let me know. At this time you can be lot specific and have your home built on the lot with your back patio facing the Mtns. or oppisite of the Mtns. 1800 sf and up and from $340K and up! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Rick Baker
RE/MAX Eagle Rock
"Sales Center-little brown log cabin"
Water Valley South
970-301-3513
rbakereaglerock@gmail.com
http://www.rickbakernortherncolorado.com
Hi, I have a ranch style home in Water Valley North (very rare) on the market right now. Not a patio home, but a great ranch in a great neighborhood. There are a few different "patio home" in the Windsor area - they just dont come on the market too often. If you send me your email I can set you up on an "auto search" so you are notified every time a patio home or ranch come on the market. Here is my listing - let me know if you have any interest:

http://tours.virtuance.com/public/vtour/display?idx=1&to…

Julie Bloch Burton - Broker Associate, Realtor®
Brixton Real Estate - http://brixtonassociates.com/
Cell Phone: 970.396.7435 | Fax: 720-306-2397
email: julieb@Brixtonmail.com
Hello! I (and my parents too) have lived in the Windsor Water Valley community for the past 8 years. It is very beautiful and a wonderfully unique place to live. It almost feels like it's still a bit of a "secret" garden! Miles of Beaches surround several lakes, and the water has a one-of-a-kind type of water filtration system so that people and Fish can co-exist in the same waters! Pelicans migrate here every year, and are a complete JOY to watch as they come in for landings and bob for fish... The Rockies are off to the west and the Summer sunsets are spectacular (esp from your paddle boat on one of the Lakes). There is a marvelous ClubHouse / Restaurant, and a private Swimming pool w/ Lifeguards you can join for fun in the Summer months. The office is often holding special events, runs, concerts, tournaments to attract people and to provide entertainment to the area. Yet, it's a very quiet place to raise a family or relax into your Senior years. Miles of bike trails, a few scattered play parks, beautiful Water Fall entrances, and Beach Gazebos are also scattered around. There's ALWAYS a quiet place around the corner to park a blanket or feel like you are getting to enjoy the serene Beaches all to yourself. I think the reason that PATIO HOMES are more expensive is because they are truly MAINTENANCE - FREE and the HOA takes care of everything that needs repair, cut, replanted, painted, etc on the outside. That's a GREAT Luxury worth paying for. Also, Townhomes are not as common so that makes them more valuable when they do come up for sale. My parents have enjoyed being comfortable and relaxing in their Townhome, yet surrounded by gorgeous upscale private homes worth over $1Mil. I can't say enough about this truly remarkable and gorgeous place to call "home". Take a look at what's currently available on the market, and GOOD LUCK finding that "special" place too!
Here in Water Valley...the single family homes and the patio homes are about equal. With that being said...some of our single family homes go as high as $2.2M. The patio homes in the $300's have the simple pleasure of being maintence free...you do nothing to the yard or landscaping...just make sure your trash is out on trash day!
Hope you found that gorgeous patio home, Jdconyers. If you wouldn't mind please follow up and tell us how things went.
Hello, my name is Rick Baker with RE/MAX Eagle Rock and we are NOW in process of building our Patio-Home here in Water Valley. I office here in Water Valley and Live here as well. We have 3-floor plans to pick from starting at $309K. Feel free to reach out for more info. Thanks, Rick
A patio home can have lawn maintenance provided through an HOA, just like a townhouse. The distinction is not recognized by taxing authorities. But the patio home owner owns the lot - unlike the townhouse owner. Patio homes might be seen as having advantages of both a townhouse and free-standing ranch home. However, all three have their good points for different owners.

Amenities can be offered at all three of the different types of communities - at least here in my neck of the woods. Frequently, its a combination of the maintenance and overall appearance along with that all important real estate aspect - location. Those amenities might include a pool and clubhouse. I would agree with the observation that builders/marketers of these homes have the older demographic in mind.

Best of luck with your home search. - Suz
I agree with Carrie. Many of the newer patio homes are higher end, and geared toward retirees with money. However, there are older communities that aren't as expensive. Patio homes are a little hard to come by, but there are builders who are realizing there is a high demand out there with our aging population.

Do you have a Realtor working for you to find the right home? If not, I'm happy to help! I work with a lot of relocation folks. What is your price range?

I just sold a couple of beautiful patio homes very recently. One was new construction in Thornton at the new Heritage Todd Creek by Lennar. An amazing deal at $330K. 3-car garage, high end finishes throughout. The other was a "resale" patio home in Fox Meadows in Longmont built in early 2000s, but recently remodeled - sold for $365K.
Northern Colorado is a great place to live with its easy access to the mountains/outdoor activities, cultural offerings and the arts while maintaining a smaller community feel and just a short distance from all of the offerings of a "big city" and international airport. Patio homes are a great choice for a maintenance free lifestyle. Yes they tend to be more expensive than single family homes but most are newer as well and the cost to build have gone up in recent years. If you are considering patio homes you may want to look at the following communities; Highland Meadows in Windsor/Ft Collins, Fossil Lake Ranch and Harmony Ridge in Ft Collins, Seven Lakes and Marianna Butte in Loveland just to name a few. Please feel free to contact me if you would like some additional recommendations as well- you can find me by "googling" Carrie Holmes, Coldwell Banker! Welcome to Colorado- I hope you love it as much as I do!
True patio homes are a relatively new phenomena, targeted at a small group of buyers. this group of buyers is typically more affluent - often empty-nesters. So these homes are usually newer, as well as being outfitted with higher finishes, and therefore more expensive.

There are some out there that are a little bit older, and can be less expensive, but they're relatively rare. Feel free to give me a call if you have further questions. 970-402-5642.
Thanks Gary for the advice, but Florida is not Colorado. I am in the Gulf Coast region now.
Hmmm.... No Brainer!!

Move to Florida!!

:) BEST ANSWER?
Web Reference: http://www.garyyoungman.com