Home Buying in West Ashley>Question Details

leslie.tyler…, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

My husband and I are moving to charleston area in about 18 mos. and we don't know best areas... any suggestions.. Summerville?

Asked by leslie.tyler21, Charleston, SC Tue Jan 15, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3098141922-1821-Cornsilk-Dr-C…

Answers

22
Leslie,

The Charleston area has many great areas and neighborhoods. It would be my pleasure to help as you explore your options. If you send me an email I would be glad to send you an area relocation package.

Dan Simon, Realtor®
Carolina One Real Estate
Direct #843-303-1464
dsimon@carolinaone.com
http://www.CharlestonHomesForYou.com
It all depends on where you work. If you live in Summerville and work in North Charleston, West Ashley or Downtown, traffic is a nightmare. If you live and work in Summerville area then it is a nice place to live. Summerville is a bedroom community for all of charleston county and prices are lower there. You pay with the traffic and commute times
You have probably found something by now, but we have a high end townhouse for rent not far from downtown in West Ashley. It's a great neighborhood that is tucked back into it's own little piece of paradise. It's about 5 miles from the downtown headed towards Costco off of Hwy 17 on the water. The turn off to get back to the neighborhood is on the left by the Jett about a half mile before you get to 526. The townhouse is listed on Trulia. The address is 192 Riverbreeze Dr., Charleston in the neighborhood Waterway South, web address http://www.waterwaysouth.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Dear Leslie,

I specialize in helping people Relocate to the Charleston area. I relocated to Charleston from the Northeast 8 years ago and I understand how to present all areas, and then help you to narrow down to focus on the area that best suits your needs and lifestyle.

Click this link to view a sampling of homes for sale in the Summerville are for your consideration:
http://ctarmls.com/CharlestonReports/ListitLib/show_report.a…

If you see something you like let me know. Also if you'd like to set at time to speak by phone to start the research process, I'd be happy to. I can invite you into my online meeting space to view homes together in real time.

By starting now, when you are ready to move in 18 months, you'll know which areas to focus on.

Search homes for sale on my site:
http://www.blogcharlestonsc.com

Let me know how I can be of help to you.

Maureen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2013
Hi Leslie,

let's start with what brings about your move? That might help with some pointers as to what area would fit your needs. I personally live in Summerville and love it because it is only about 20-30 minutes away from Downtown Charleston but it is much less costly to live here. Summerville is an up and coming part of the tri county area. We are about 15 minutes away from Boeing and the Air Force Base. What specifically are you looking at an area to be in order to make your "best areas" list? I have some neighborhood videos you might enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/RebeccaKroseberg
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Did you move to the area yet?
Leslie,
That's a great question... and a complicated one.
As you can see from all these responses, there are many parts of Charleston, and people develop their opinions on which part to call home based on what is important to them.
I recommend finding a good realtor who you connect with, and they'll help you identify what needs are important to you, and help you to find a good match for you.
In addition, if schools are important to you, I recommend checking out http://www.greatschools.org as they have lots of great information regarding schools, which is something that we agents can't do.
Feel free to check out my references and recommendations on Trulia, and if you think we might be a good fit, we'd be happy to help you navigate your way to the perfect spot in Charleston for you!
Ed Marill
ed@marillteam.com
843-822-3555
Leslie: Moving to a new area is complicated. To insure your transition is smooth. Please share with me the type of home you would like, payment range , activites you like near by and I can make some suggestions.

Summerville is a nice area . Small sleepy town feel. If you are a first time home buyer 100% financing with low PMI may be available to you . Summerville has many new subdivisions with various price points I work with all the new construction companies, and builders many times give my buyers a great deal. I can also help with short sales foreclosures and any other type property.

I am a buyers agent who focus's on home buyers only I sell everyone elses listing and negotiate the best price. Please share what you are interested in and email me at BonnieSempier@gmail,com and I will gladly email some selections.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Many out of town buyers are excited about the idea of living so close to the beach! If the salty air is calling your name, Mount Pleasant is a popular area that offers the best of many worlds. It is close to two beaches, Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms, while still having an abundance of shopping, restaurants, and education options. I move to Mount Pleasant from Georgia and it was a great decision for me. The good news is you have plenty of time to find an area that suits you best!

Megan Marshall
East Cooper Top Producer
843-814-8279
1821 Cornsilk is still available. It is a short sale so I would encourage you to make an offer.
Hey Leslie,

I relocated to Summerville from FL and it was the best decision I could have made. I have a relocation guide that might help you decide if Summerville is for you. It helped me! If you'd like a copy shoot me a text and I will send you the link. Are either you or your husband employed in a healthcare, teaching, police, fire, or other public service field? We have a local program available that offers down payment assistance up to $5,000.00. That might make a difference in deciding to move here!

Like I said, shoot me a text or feel free to call:

843.755.4045

Look forward to chatting,

Rebecca
Coldwell Banker United
If you would like easy access to the beaches and generally not terrible traffic, try James Island
There are a lot of homes for sale in Charleston, SC. There are some found in beach fronts and other real estate properties located in other areas. You will have to consider what you are exactly looking for -- the environment, neighborhood, amenities, etc.

You may consider looking up for some Real Estate companies online and if you decided to contact a Real Estate company, it is always best to speak with a Charleston SC Realtor to give you a detailed information of the area and some other recommendations.
Hi Leslie, what are you looking for in an area? Having a list of Amenities/Features and other desires ready for your Realtor will help.
Great Opportunity to Invest!!!
3 Bedrooms
1 Bathroom
Sqft: 1,025
Year Built: 1970
Market Rent: $900
Section 8: $1,100
Arv: 90k
Condition: *Rent Ready*
needs minor cosmetics
Your Price: $49.9k/taking all bids!!!!

Hey! Are you looking for a great investment opportunity in North Charleston? If so, look no further! This 3bd, 1ba cosmetic fixer upper in Vista Park is just waiting for you to come add your slight investor touch! And guess what? I'm super motivated to sell this baby! Call Van at 347 389 4663 if interested.
Dear Leslie,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to asssit you with info to make your move to the Charleston area very special!

As you have already seen in the responses that you have received, we all love being part of this beautiful place that we lovingly call the Lowcountry. I am a lifetime resident and I can promise you that I am here forever!

The thing that my clients and I talk about when they are considering a move to our area is their lifestyle...what do they like to do in their leisure time? In what kind of stores do they like to shop? Where will they be working and what would they like their commute to be? Are schools important and if so what grades are their children in? We then talk about their price range, the type of home that they would like and what type of neighborhood would be a good fit for them. We are then able to narrow down the places in the Charleston area that they might want to consider. I know that this may seem a little complicated but I think that when choosing a home a person is also choosing many other things that ultimately contribute to their quality of life. Do you feel the same way?

I hope that this is helpful! Do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance!

Cheryll

Cheryll Woods-Flowers
Coldwell Banker Realtors
843-442-2219
cflowers@woodsflowers.com
We have many lovely areas in the Charleston area. It would depend on your price range. I have a lovely home on Johns Island that is located in a gated community with beautiful surroundings and a 95 acre preserve along the Stono River. This home is 3 b.r., 3 ba., large kit., open living space, butler pantry, large dining room, fireplace, many more! It is priced below appraisal at $395,000. This is an original owner home and in immaculate conditioin. Many other beautiful homes---again, depends in what price range you are looking for.
Thank you for inquiring about my lisitng at 1821 Cornsilk Drive. It is located in the lovely neighborhood of Carolina Bay that is West of the Ashley in Charleston. This is a fantastic location that you might prefer over Summerville.
I think the whole tri county area is great. Its what your desires and likes fit that will best suit you and your family. Have you visited here? I suggest a week vacation here to tour around, gather ideas and scope out the towns. I personally live in and love Summerville for so many reasons and when I moved down here 6 years ago I still feel today out of all the towns surrounding me I by far made the best decision choosing Summerville. Let me know if I can be if any help. Have a Great Evening
There are several nice areas around the TriCounty area. Summerville is a nice, quaint community that has a small town feel. Mt Pleasant and James Island are also nice areas that are close to the beach. Are schools important? How far of a commute do you want to/from work? I would be glad to help you explore your options. I was born and raised in the Charleston area. If you want to email or call me I will mail you a relocation guide.
try Clearview neighborhood or Fort Johnson Estates on James Island. nice quiet areas with easy access to the beaches or downtown
Hi Leslie,
Much of it depends on your wants and desires for your new hometown. Do you want to be close to the beach? Or, love the culture in history of downtown Charleston? Or, is your relocation job related and you want to be close to your employer?

I would be happy to mail you a Relocation Guide which gives detailed information of all of the different areas around Charleston. If interested, email me your mailing address. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Desiree Maurer,
Relocation Certified Specialist
Prudential Carolina Sun Real Estate
Dmaurer@prusun.com
Http://Desiree.myhomecharleston.com